My Town Tutors is a great resource for parents & teachers. Find qualified tutors in your area today!
Top Joke Pages: 180 School Jokes, Family Joke of the Day, May Jokes for Kids, Funny Jokes for Kids, Funny Animal Jokes for Kids, Knock Knock Jokes for Kids
- School Jokes for Kids
- 180 School Jokes: Start Your Day with a Smile
- Elementary School Jokes
- 26 Lessons for the Letter of the Week A- Z
- Kindergarten Jokes
This lesson was taken directly from the homework assignments of a Massachusetts kindergarten teacher.
Letter of the Week – Y y
During the week, please learn to identify this letter, it’s sound, and formation. At home please make a list of words that begin with this letter.
HIGH FREQUENCY WORDS
red, blue, yellow
Please enjoy doing these activities at home with your child this week.
Y y Activities
- Count all the yellow toys in your room.
- Yell, “I love you” to someone in your family.
- Draw a colorful picture with a bright yellow sun.
- Clean your room, please.
- Write the word “Yes.”
- Eat a yellow banana.
- Look at yourself in the mirror and pat yourself on the back.
- Play with a yo-yo!
- Name a yellow bird.
- Do you have yarn in your house? What color is it?
- Show your parents a big yawn.
Activity: Play this game. Line up your child 15
yards away from you. Say, “I am going to say a word. Take one step
forward if the word you hear starts with the /y/ sound.” !
Word List: yak, yellow, up, yawn, tomorrow, you, me, yell, talk, young, yippee!