- US History Lessons
- Psychology Lessons
- U.S. History Primary Source Resources
- Geography Jokes for Teachers
- American Revolution Jokes
- Top U.S. History Jokes
- Social Studies Jokes
The Mission US motto is ”SERIOUS HISTORY, SERIOUS GAMES.”
Mission US has 6 different interactives. Each interactive focuses on an important time period. There are many gret resources for teachers. One valuable resource is the many primary sources. Teacher may choose to not complete the computer activity and use the primary sources.
- 1770 THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION For Crown or Colony? (Crown or Colony Teaching Resources)
- 1848 THE ANTEBELLUM ERA Flight to Freedom (Flight to Freedom Teaching Resources)
- 1866 WESTWARD EXPANSION A Cheyenne Odyssey (A Cheyenne Odyssey Teaching Resources)
- 1907 THE IMMIGRANT EXPERIENCE City of Immigrants (City of Immigrants Teaching Resources)
- 1929 THE GREAT DEPRESSION Up from the Dust (Up from the Dust Teaching Resources)
- 1941 WORLD WAR II Prisoner in My Homeland (Prisoner in My Homeland Teaching Resources)
A teacher should complete the game before assigning it to students. This will allow a teacher to analyze if it is appropriate for the curriculum being taught, create lessons and assessments, and be prepared to answer any student questions when the completing the activity.
Students really seem to gain a better understanding of the time period by actively making decisions about the time period. The many primary sources can be used in a variety of ways to reinforce the learning.