My Town Tutors is a great resource for parents & teachers.
- Youth Basketball Resources
- Youth Basketball Year: Click on this link to find ideas for each month.
- Youth Basketball by Grade
- Basketball Jokes: Why did the basketball player go to jail?… Because he shot the ball! (Top Basketball Jokes for Kids)
Being a youth basketball coach can be very challenging. Practice times can vary from week to week. Practice times may be released on short notice. You also may use several different practice facilities.
Youth coaches often have limited time to plan practice due to the fact that they are volunteers, have jobs, and have a family. When evaluating a practice facility there are a few questions to ask.
- How many baskets?
- How many full courts?
- Is there the facility being used before / after practice?
Once these questions are answered, a coach can make the best use out of the facility for the practice time.
6 Baskets: This is a great opportunity to use the baskets to develop individual offensive skills.