A special thank you to all our veterans – past and present! You are the best!
- “I think there is one higher office than president and I would call that patriot.” —Gary Hart
- “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” —Elmer Davis
- “On this Veterans Day, let us remember the service of our veterans, and let us renew our national promise to fulfill our sacred obligations to our veterans and their families who have sacrificed so much so that we can live free.” —Dan Lipinski
- “My heroes are those who risk their lives every day to protect our world and make it a better place—police, firefighters, and members of our armed forces.” —Sidney Sheldon
- “Our veterans accepted the responsibility to defend America and uphold our values when duty called.” —Bill Shuster
- “A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself. “ —Joseph Campbell
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” —John F. Kennedy
- “The willingness of America’s veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.” —Jeff Miller
- “I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask, ‘Mother, what was war?’” —Eve Merriam
- “Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live taking the form of readiness to die.” —G.K. Chesterton
- “Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened.” – Billy Graham
- “In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.” —Mark Twain
- “Never give in — never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.” —Winston Churchill
- “The most persistent sound, which reverberates through men’s history, is the beating of war drums.” —Arthur Koestler
- “How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!” —Maya Angelou
- “The hero is the man dedicated to the creation and / or defense of reality-conforming, life-promoting values.” —Andrew Bernstein
- “Better than honor and glory, and History’s iron pen, Was the thought of duty done and the love of his fellow-men. “ —Richard Watson Gilder
- “The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave.” —Patrick Henry
- “Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys. Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!” – Sun Tzu
- “Without heroes, we are all plain people, and don’t know how far we can go.” – Bernard Malamud
If you are a teacher who tutors, register with us for just $12 for a year. This is the only fee! Teachers keep 100% of the money. One of our teachers made $5,000 last year tutoring.
Parents, “teachers are great tutors!” Find one in your area today!
Visit our US History lessons page for more US History lessons.