Letter of the Week – L l
During the week, please learn to identify this letter, its sound, and formation. At home please make a list of words that begin with this letter.
Also identify the high frequency words “look” and “see.”
- Listen to a story.
- Hop on your left foot.
- Look up in the sky. How many stars do you see?
- Draw ten long lines.
- Tell your family that you love them.
- Make yourself large and make yourself small.
- Help sort the laundry.
- Write the letters of the alphabet that you know.
- Send a “love letter” to someone.
- Look at the leaves on the tress. What color are they?
Activity: Play this game. Say, “I am going to say a word, listen carefully to it. Put your hands on your head if the word you hear starts with the L l sound. Keep your hands at your side if the word you hear does not start with the L l sound.”
Word List: lollipop, lick, jelly, lemon, little, big, love, good, lightning, leaf, tree, lamp.
This lesson was taken directly from the homework assignments of a Massachusetts kindergarten teacher.
My Town Tutors connects parents with teachers who tutor. It is FREE for parents to search for a teacher in their area.