The following activity is a good activity to complete just prior to Thanksgiving. It will bring back memories of an elementary school lesson, but it is appropriate for all grade levels.
- Hand each student a blank sheet of paper.
- On the board, trace your hand and make a turkey like you did in elementary school. The students will trace their hand on their paper.
- Instruct the students to decorate the turkey. If you do not have art supplies, it can be completed at home.
- On the back, students are to select a person who is important in their life (parent, grandparent, sibling, friend). Then the person will list 25 reasons they are thankful to have that individual in their life. Another option could be to list “memories of” the person.
- Tell the students to share their work with the person. Before starting the activity, I might share some responses from a similar activity I completed for Grandparent’s Day.
Have a great Thanksgiving.
It might be useful to share the following handout with the students share with the individual they choose.
My class is completing a Thanksgiving activity acknowledging an important person in my life. I choose you! My class is interested in your feedback. Would you mind sharing your thoughts with a note to my teachers. (Include your address and email address.)
My Town Tutors is a website that connects parents with teachers who tutor. If you are a teacher who tutors, for a limited time, you can register for using promo code: usteachers. Teachers set the hourly and keep 100% of the fees! One of our teachers made $5,000 last year tutoring.
It is FREE for parents to search for a teacher in their area. Please help us find ONE MORE teacher who tutors!