Coaching 1st grade basketball can be a huge challenge. It is important to have the players use smaller balls (youth size), shoot on lower hopes, and play with less the 5 players on a team. It can be hectic, but we highly recommend that each player have a ball to maximize repetitions.
There are so many resources for basketball, however very little for the younger grades. Over the next several weeks and months, we will be posting some drills and ideas that might be useful. We would love your feedback. For additional information, please visit our coaching youth basketball page.
Practice Planning (3)
- 1st grade basketball: 3 Drills to Start Practice
- The FIRST 1st Grade Basketball Practice
- Coaching 1st Grade Basketball: 1 hour Practice Schedule
Dribbling / Ball Drills (2)
- Coaching 1st Grade Basketball: Teaching Lay-ups
- Teaching Lay-ups: Block Shots
- “Mini” Mikan Lay-up Drill
Games / Scrimmages (1)
If you are a teacher who tutors, register with us for just $12 for a year. This is the only fee! Teachers keep 100% of the money. One of our teachers made $5,000 last year tutoring.
Parents, “teachers are great tutors!” Find one in your area today!
Visit our Coaching Youth Basketball page.