Here is a great high school psychology lesson to use with a unit on thought.
1. Is there a 4th of July in England?
2. How many birthdays does the average man have?
3. Some months have 31 days. How many have 28?
4. How many outs are there in an inning?
5. What is the minimum number of active baseball players on the field during any part of an inning?
6. Is it legal for a man in California to marry his widow’s sister?
7. Take the number 30, divide it by 1/2, then add 10. What number do you get?
8. There are 3 apples and you take 2 away. How many apples are you left with?
9. A doctor gives you 3 pills and tells you to take one every half hour. How long will the pills last?
10. A farmer has 17 sheep. All but 9 of them die. How many sheep are left?
11. How many animals of each sex did Moses bring with him on the ark?
12. A butcher in a market is 5’10” tall. What does he weigh?
13. How many 2 cent stamps are there in a dozen?
14. What was the presidents name in 1980?
15. Why can’t a man living in Winston-Salem, N.C. be buried west of the Mississippi?
16. If you had one match and entered a room in which there were a kerosene lamp, an oil burner,
and a wood-burning stove, which one would you light first?
17. A man builds a house with 4 sides to it and it is rectangular in shape. Each side has a southern exposure. A bear comes wondering by. What color is the bear?
18. A woman gave a beggar 50 cents. The woman is the beggar’s sister, but the beggar is not the woman’s brother. How come?
19. An archeologist claimed he found some coins dated 46 B.C. Do you think he did?
20. How far can a dog run into the woods?
21. What four words appear on every U.S. coin?