Letter of the Week – X x
During the week, please learn to identify this letter, it’s sound, and formation. At home please make a list of words that END with this letter.
Also identify the high frequency words “red,” “blue,” and “yellow.”
X x Activities
- Make a green X on the animal that gallops.
- Make a red X on the animal that was once a caterpillar.
- Make a purple X on the largest animal.
- Make a blue X on the animal that lives in the water.
- Make a black X on the animal that hops.
Activity: Make the shape of the letter X with your body! Stand up and make a big X with your arms in the air and your legs wide apart. Make little x’s with your fingers. Cross your wrists, then your elbows to make X’s with your arms. Find other things in the shape of X. Have fun!
Word List (this time include words that END in x): six, fox, box, rain, fix, paint, mix, moon, elevator, excellent, cat, pox.
This lesson was taken directly from the homework assignments of a Massachusetts kindergarten teacher.
My Town Tutors connects parents with teachers who tutor. We currently list over 240 teachers in Massachusetts. It is FREE for parents to search for a teacher in their area.