My Town Tutors is making a huge commitment to be the #1 tutoring resource for parents and teachers in America. Our motto is “Teachers are great tutors!” Parents love the fact that every teacher in our directory is a teacher! This summer we are expanding to all 50 states!
Read an article that explains why My Town Tutors is becoming the #1 resource for tutoring in America!
Check out our Education Quote of the Day!
- ‘Teachers are great tutors!” My Town Tutors
- “A Tutor Can Make a World of Difference to a Child ” Jerry Pearlman, author
- “A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.” Henry Adams
- “Eliminate the word can’t from your vocabulary. The two hardest things to handle in life are failure and success. Confidence is the companion of success. Be self-reliant and your success is assured. As you climb the ladder of success check occasionally to make sure it is leaning against the right wall. Act as though it is impossible to fail. The job of an educator is to teach students to see the vitality in themselves.” Joseph Campbell
- “It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge.” Albert Einstein (Top Albert Einstein Quotes)
- “The important thing is not so much that every child should be taught, as that every child should be given the wish to learn.” John Lubbock “
- “To nourish children and raise them against odds is in any time, any place, more valuable than to fix bolts in cars or design nuclear weapons.” Marilyn French
- “The more I encourage a child to think for himself, the more he will care what I think.” Unknown
- “In order to do something you have never done, you have to be someone you have never been. You have to go through dirt to get to gold. If I had 8 hours to chop down a tree, I would spent 6 sharpening my axe. If it’s meant to be, it’s up to me. What am I willing to sacrifice for what I want to become? To respond is positive, to react is negative. People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing.” Dale Carnegie
- “No matter how he may think himself accomplished, when he sets out to learn a new language, science or the bicycle, he has entered a new realm as truly as if he were a child newly born into the world.” Frances Willard
- “The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be ignited.” Plutarch
- “The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.” B.B.King
- “Whoever ceases to be a student has never been a student.” George Iles
- “Whoso neglects learning in his youth, loses the past and is dead for the future.” Euripides
- “Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere.” Chinese Proverb
- “Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence.” Abigail Adams
- “Learning never exhausts the mind.” Leonardo Da Vinci
- Learning without thought is a labor lost, thought without learning is perilous.” Confucius
- “All of the top achievers I know are life-long learners. Looking for new skills, insights, and ideas. If they’re not learning, they’re not growing and not moving toward excellence.” Denis Waitley
- “All things good to know are difficult to learn.” Greek Proverb
- “We learn more by looking for the answer to a question and not finding it than we do from learning the answer itself.” Lloyd Alexander
- “Life is a series of experiences, each one of which makes us bigger, even though sometimes it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and grieves which we endure help us in our marching onward.” Henry Ford
- “Man’s mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.” Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
- “You learn something every day if you pay attention.” Ray LeBlond
- “Sit down before fact as a little child, be prepared to give up every conceived notion, follow humbly wherever and whatever abysses nature leads, or you will learn nothing.” Thomas Huxley
- “There are many things which we can afford to forget which it is yet well to learn.” Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
- “Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before.” Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
- “You have learned something. That always feels at first as if you had lost something.” H.G. Wells
- “Every act of conscious learning requires the willingness to suffer an injury to one’s self-esteem. That is why young children, before they are aware of their own self-importance, learn so easily.” Thomas Szasz
- “People learn something every day, and a lot of times it’s that what they learned the day before was wrong.” Bill Vaughan