My Town Tutors is a website that connects parents with teachers who tutor. If you are a teacher who tutors, for a limited time, you can register for FREE by using promo code: usteachers. Teachers set the hourly rate and keep 100% of the fees! One of our teachers made $5,000 last year tutoring.
It is FREE for parents to search for a teacher in their area. Please help us find ONE MORE teacher who tutors!
My Town Tutors has a goal to be a great resource for parents and teachers. We have a blog that focuses on topics of interest for both of these groups.
One of our greatest resources for parents and teachers is our guest blogs. Our guest blogs allows us to share the wisdom, knowledge, and expertise of parents, teachers, and others individuals.
We always love sharing great resources. We decided to compile our most viewed blogs for each school year (June 1st – May 31st). We hope you enjoy.
We will be slowly releasing our Top 50 List.
50. 6 Ways to Encourage Parent Communication in Your Classroom by @VolunteerSpot
49. Digital Parenting: The Digital Parent in You by @feedtheteacher
48. Resources to Help Struggling Students by @HOLscience
47. Hip Hop Math Music? by @DapJMusic
46. How Online Teaching Works
45. The Who, What, Where, When, & Why for Teachers Using Twitter
44. The Role of Parents in Academic Achievement by @RaisingAReaderM
43. Five Fun Resources for Educating Children at Any Age by @Rasmussen
42. High-Tech Assistive Technology is it for Everyone?
41. Civil War Research by @RobFinkill
40. Improv(e) your teaching by @TheEngagingEd
39. A Tutor can Make the World of a Difference to a Child by @TaleofABaseball
38. Ten Things Your Student with Autism wishes You Knew by @EllenNotbohm
37. Middle School Teachers: Join Twitter and #MSchat by @blocht574
36. There is More to Maine! by @mainedaytrip
35. Self-Reliance and Independence: Giving Our Teens the Ultimate Gift by @DebraBeck
34. Summer Tutoring Beneficial of Harmful by @plusplustutor
33. Dyslexia-ville Builds Self-esteem: Looking to Spread the Word to Parents & Teachers by @Dyslexiaville
32. Taking the Crazy out of School Supply Lists and Teacher Wish Lists by @TeacherLists
31. Firefox Add-ons for Teachers by @MyWeb4Ed
30. Patrick Larkin’s Top 5 Twitter Accounts for Teachers by @patrickmlarkin
29. Jenmarc Has Great Education Programs for Massachusetts Teachers by @GaryLGilardi
28. It’s Always About Learning by @JeffWahl1
27. The MTA Summer Conference is AWESOME for New Massachusetts Teachers by @massteacher
26. Angelina’s Top 5 Twitter Accounts for Boston Teachers by @AngelaCristiani
The blogs below will be placed in the next few weeks. Which blog will be #1?
The #1 Guest Blog will be announced on August 15, 2013.
- Advocate for Teens, But Don’t Serve Up Excuses by @Teen_Whisperer
- 5 Tips for Looking Great with Skype or Videoconferencing by @1080Group
- All Kids Can SUCCEED: Be the “1″ by @NormandinBill
- @SimplySuzy’s Top 5 Twitter Accounts for Teachers by @SimplySuzy
- 4th Grade Teachers Connect via Twitter by @ncarroll24
- A Day To Make A Difference: Celebrate Literacy With Everyone by @shannonmmiller
- TeachersEye Health Problems Kids Face After Excessive iPad Use by @getlenses
- Flipping the Classroom to Break Through into Today´s Society by @MayraAixaVillar
- Should Kids Miss School for a Disney Trip? by @CO_MtnMom
- Beannachtaí na Féile Pádraig Oraibh! – Happy Saint Patrick’s Day! by @TLILanguages
- Children’s Bedrooms – Top 7 Must Have Items for a Child’s Bedroom by @ChildrensRooms
- Should You Be Using Exit Slips in Your Classroom? by @plnaugle
- Make Your Classroom a Happy Place for Children with Dyslexia by @Spelltrekking
- Top 10 Things A Student Should Never Say to a Teacher
- Can Your Child Read Too Much?
- How Reading Affects Your Child’s Success by @Booksforchildrn
- A Mom’s Guide to College and Career Readiness by @edworkspartners
- Summer Reading List for Kids of Fun Books with Science and Math Concepts by @pragmaticmom
- Bridging the Parent-Teacher Communication Gap
- Scholarships for College Students by @AidScholarship
- 4 Reasons Both Teachers and Kids Need Recess
- The Benefits of Raising Chickens for Your Family by @familyfocusblog
Strategies for Struggling Readers by @curriculumcornr
- Wonderopolis: A Great Resource for Teachers & Parents
- The State of K-12 Education