June Jokes for Kids / Top June Pages / June Hashtags
We have selected some of our favorite movies about fathers. For each DVD we have given a few notes along with the a video clip, IMDb ranking, IMDb description, and netflix description with ranking.
1. The Lion King: “The Circle of Life.” The Disney Classic about the “Circle of Life.” Great story about the importance of passing lessons on to the next generation.
IMDb 8.4 Ranking IMDb “Tricked into thinking he killed his father, a guilt ridden lion cub flees into exile and abandons his identity as the future King.”
Netflix description (4.3 Stars): “The highest-grossing animated film of the 20th century follows a young lion cub named Simba (voiced by Jonathan Taylor Thomas and Matthew Broderick) who can’t wait to be king. But his uncle (Jeremy Irons) craves the title for himself and will stop at nothing — even killing his own brother — to get it.”
2. Finding Nemo: “The Best Dad in the Sea.” The Ultimate DVD about Marlin, the ultimate single dad.
IMDb 8.1 Ranking IMDb: “After his son is captured in the Great Barrier Reef and taken to Sydney, a timid clownfish sets out on a journey to bring him home.”
Netflix description (4.3 Stars): “In this Oscar-winning animated adventure, plucky fish Marlin and Dory search their underwater world for Marlin’s missing son, Nemo, who’s been scooped up by a scuba diver and dumped in a dentist’s aquarium.”
3. Madagascar 2: escape 2 Africa: “Dance with your Dad.” A great movie about a family reunion. Alex meets his parents in Africa to save his village. (Nice dance moves!)
IMDb 6.7 Ranking IMDb “The animals try to fly back to New York City, but crash-land on an African wildlife refuge, where Alex is reunited with his parents.”
Netflix description (3.8): A botched rescue strands Alex the lion and his companions in Africa. Sadly, Alex discovers he has little in common with the locals, having lived for so long in the city. His friends, meanwhile, begin to doubt they’ll make it back to the zoo.
4. Mrs. Doubtfire: “Best Divorced Dad.” A very funny movie about divorce and the challenges of court custody battles.
IMDb 6.7 Ranking IMDb: “After a bitter divorce, an actor disguises himself as a female housekeeper to spend secret time with his children held in custody by his ex.”
Netflix description (3.7 Stars): “Loving but irresponsible dad Daniel Hillard (Robin Williams), estranged from his exasperated spouse (Sally Field), is crushed by a court order allowing only weekly visits with his kids. When Daniel learns his ex needs a housekeeper, he gets the job — disguised as an English nanny. Soon he becomes not only his children’s best pal but the kind of parent he should have been from the start. Not surprisingly, the film won an Oscar for Best Makeup.”
5. Hook: “Dad, Don’t Work Too Much.” A great story to remind Dads who might spend a little too much time involved in their work. Excellent family movie.”
IMDb 6.4 Ranking IMDb: “When Capt. Hook kidnaps his children, an adult Peter Pan must return to Neverland and reclaim his youthful spirit in order to challenge his old enemy.”
Netflix description (3.5): “Peter Pan grows up to become a soulless corporate lawyer whose workaholism could cost him his wife and kids. But when his kids are kidnapped by a vengeful Capt. Hook, Peter is forced to return to Neverland, where he gets a chance at redemption.”