Have a great Thanksgiving! We hope you enjoy some awesome quotes about gratitude and giving thanks!
- “A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all the other virtues.” Cicero
- “Gratitude is the sign of noble souls.” Aesop
- “The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.” Eric Hoffer
- “Nothing is more honorable than a grateful heart.” Seneca
- “God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say ‘Thank you?’” William Arthur Ward
- “Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action.” W.J. Cameron
- “Silent gratitude isn’t much use to anyone.” G.B. Stern
- “If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily.” Gerald Good
- “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” William Ward
- “Gratitude consists of being more aware of what you have, than what you don’t.” Unknown
- “We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.” Cynthia Ozick
- “Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” Melody Beattie
- “When I started counting my blessings; my whole life turned around.” Willie Nelson
- “I would rather be able to appreciate things I cannot have than to have things I am not able to appreciate.” Elbert Hubbard
- “Make yourself a blessing to someone. Your kind smile or pat on the back just might pull someone back from the edge.” Carmelia Elliott
- “Look at everything as though you were seeing it for the first or last time. Then your time on earth will be filled with glory.” Betty Smith
- “As we express our gratitude, may we never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” John F. Kennedy
- “When you give and carry out acts of kindness you get a wonderful feeling. It is as though something inside your body responds and says, ‘Yes, this is how I ought to feel.’” Rabbi Harold Kushner
- “I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping green spirits of trees, for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes.” e. e. cummings
- “One of the very first things I figured out about life is that it’s better to be a grateful person than a grumpy one, because you have to live in the same world either way, and if you’re grateful, you have more fun.” Barbara Kingsolver
- “What if you gave someone a gift and they didn’t thank you for it. Would you be likely to give them another? Life is the same way. If you want to attract more blessings, you must appreciate the ones you already have.” Ralph Marston
- “You say grace before meals. All right. But I say grace before I open a book, and before sketching, painting, swimming, walking, playing, dancing and before I dip the pen in the ink.” G. K Chesterton
- “Blessings are oftentimes not valued till they are gone.” Thomas Fuller
- “It is impossible to be negative while we are giving thanks.” Donald Curtis
- “The unthankful heart… discovers no mercies; but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and, as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings!” Henry Ward Beecher
If you are a teacher who tutors, register with us for just $12 for a year. This is the only fee! Teachers keep 100% of the money. One of our teachers made $5,000 last year tutoring.
Parents, “teachers are great tutors!” Find one in your area today!
Visit our Special Learning Days page.