My Town Tutors is making a huge commitment for the 2014 – 2015 school year to be the #1 tutoring resource for parents and teachers in America. Our motto is “Teachers are great tutors!” Parents love the fact that every teacher in our directory is a teacher!
In addition to helping teachers make thousands of dollars tutoring, we also want to provide teachers with useful information to help improve teaching. We had so much positive feedback from our Top 10 Twitter Accounts for Massachusetts Teachers, that we decided to ask out Top 10 to recommend 5 other useful twitter accounts.
A previous blog explains our thoughts on how will arrive at this list. Our ultimate goal is to reach 60 great accounts for Massachusetts educators to follow on twitter. Once each of our top 10 submits their list, we will add their five to our Top 10.
We are listing the top 5 in the order of being received (a little pressure on our Top 10).
1. @PatrickMLarkin “Artist formerly known as @bhsprincipal – BPS Asst. Supt. NASSP National Digital Principal Award Winner (2012), Evangelist for Web 2.0 and Digital Tools. Burlington, MA · http://www.patrickmlarkin.com/”
2. @dancallahan “Instructional Technology Specialist K-5 @PineGlenLTC by day, #edcamp Foundation Chairman of the Board of Directors and Co-founder by night. Burlington, MA · http://remixteaching.com”
3. @massteacher “The Massachusetts Teachers Association Boston, Mass. · http://massteacher.org”
4. @SimplySuzy “Grade 3 Teacher, Educatalyst, Lafora Disease Assailant, Tech Enthusiast, FableVision Ambassador, DENStar LC Educator, Shutterbug, MassCUE Pathfinder, Girl Scout Cape Cod Canal · http://about.me/simplysuzy”
5. @BurkeheadBill “Proud father of 2 wonderful children, husband to an amazing educator, Assistant Principal at Plymouth North HS, passionate educational leader & youth coach. Plymouth, Massachusetts · http://bburkhead.blogspot.com”
6. @AngelaCristiani “Political Director~Boston Teachers Union…School Psychologist…Ballet, The Arts, & all that is NPT. RTs are not endorsements~Views expressed are my own~Massachusetts · http://angelajcristiani.wordpress.com/
7. @MrMusselman “Former middle school earth/space sci teacher. Current science specialist for Burlington MA Public Schools. Bringing science to life for K-8 students. Burlington, MA – USA · http://www.musselmanscience.com”
8. @ncarroll24 “A wife, mom of 2 teens, daughter, sister, friend, colleague and elementary school teacher (4th Grade). Looking to learn about and share resources for school. Massachusetts · http://teachingiselementary.blogspot.com“
9. @edcampBoston “April 28, 2012 @ Microsoft NERD in Cambridge, MA Boston, MA · http://edcampboston.org/ “
10. @PFToner “Middle School Social Studies Teacher, President of the Massachusetts Teachers Association. Cambridge, Massachusetts · http://www.massteacher.org
@SimplySuzy’s Top 5
11. @EdTechTeacher21: “EdTechTeacher helps teachers, schools, and school leaders develop 21st century learning environments.” ~ Chestnut Hill, MA · http://edtechteacher.org“
12. @TheOCBlog: “Charity Preston, M.A. is a K-12 teacher.Areas of expertise include curriculum development,technology integration into content areas,and data-driven instruction. ~ · http://www.theorganizedclassroomblog.com“
13. @gregkuloweic “History Teacher (8 years) & Tech Integration Specialist (1 year). #sschat co-creator, EdTechTeacher Senior Associate (www.edtechteacher.org) ~ Plymouth, MA · http://www.kulowiectech.blogspot.com”
14. @cybraryman1 “Educator & Writer trying to catalog the internet for students, educators and parents. http://cybraryman.com” ~ ÜT: 27.179819,-80.236438 · http://www.cybraryman.com”
15. @FableVision “Transmedia designed to change the world/Partnering w kindred spirits. Studio: @fvstudioboston K12 resources: @fablelearn Tweets by Paul Reynolds, Co-Founder ~ Boston · http://www.fablevision.com”
@AngelaCristiani’s Top 5
16. @rweingarten “American Federation of Teachers president, committed to improving schools, hospitals and public institutions for children, families and communities. Washington, DC · http://www.aft.org”
17. @WorldLillie ~ “Boston teacher & #travel blogger: http://AroundTheWorldL.com & http://TeachingTraveling.com. #EdBlogs founder: http://www.facebook.com/groups/EducationBloggers Boston (and the world) · http://www.AroundTheWorldL.com/about/” (4,000+ followers 100/100 twitter grader)
18. @ColumWhyte “grades 4-6 AWC Social Studies Teacher in Dorchester, MA Committee Chair Boston Teachers Union Speakers Series email: email@example.com Boston” (250+ followers / 78/100 Twitter Grader)
19. @MichaelJMaguire “high school teacher, union supporter, disney enthusiast Boston” 20. @rstutmanBTU “President, Boston Teachers Union BPS Math teacher VP of Mass AFL-CIO, AFT-Mass Proud to represent 7000 active, 3000 retired BPS educators Boston · http://btu.org“
@patrickmlarkin’s Top 5
20. @willrich45 -“Parent, author, speaker, instigator, blogger about social Web tools and their effects on schools, education and learning. Flemington, New Jersey · http://willrichardson.com“
21. @gcouros – “Division Principal of Innovative Teaching and Learning for PSD70. Passionate about learning, ed. tech, and helping others find their passion! I like dogs 🙂 Edmonton · http://georgecouros.ca”
22. @baldy7 – “Father. Husband. Educator. Blogger. iPhone: 42.363468,-71.057022 · http://transleadership.net”
23. @l_hilt – “Elementary Principal, K-6 Tech Integrator/Coach, Reader, Writer, Connected learner! PA · http://lynhilt.com/”
24. @plugusin! – “I’m a full time classroom teacher and the author of Building a PLC at Work (http://bit.ly/plcatwork)and Teaching the iGeneration (http://amzn.to/igeneration) Raleigh NC · http://teacherleaders.typepad.com/the_tempered_radical”
25. @mytowntutorsMA ”