My Town Tutors is a website that connects parents with teachers who tutor. It is FREE for parents to search for a teacher in their area. Please help us find ONE MORE teacher who tutors!
Parents, “teachers are great tutors!” Find one in your area today!
Happy New Year! Enjoy some quotes as we start the New Year!
- “An optimist stays up until midnight to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.” Bill Vaughan
- “Ring out the old, ring in the new, Ring, happy bells, across the snow: The year is going, let him go; Ring out the false, ring in the true.” Lord Tennyson, 1850
- “We meet today To thank Thee for the era done, And Thee for the opening one.” John Greenleaf Whittier
- “Youth is when you’re allowed to stay up late on New Year’s Eve. Middle age is when you’re forced to.” Bill Vaughan
- “Now there are more overweight people in America than average-weight people. So overweight people are now average. Which means you’ve met your New Year’s resolution.” Jay Leno
- “A New Year’s resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other.” Unknown
- “Good resolutions are simply checks that men draw on a bank where they have no account.” Oscar Wilde
- “Cheers to a New Year and another chance for us to get it right.” Oprah Winfrey
- “New Year’s Day… now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual.” Mark Twain
- “For last year’s words belong to last year’s language and next year’s words await another voice.” T.S. Eliot
- “The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul.” G.K. Chesterton
- “Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man.” Benjamin Franklin
- “Many years ago I resolved never to bother with New Year’s resolutions, and I’ve stuck with it ever since.” Dave Beard
- “Tomorrow, is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one.” Brad Paisley
- “May all your troubles last as long as your New Year’s resolutions.” Joey Adams