Top 3 Joke Pages
101 Teacher Appreciation Week Quotes
The response to our top 5 twitter accounts for teachers was so incredible, that we decided to expand it to include 10 great twitter accounts for teachers and educators to follow.
For each account we have included the twitter name, the twitter profile, twitter followers, twitter grade, and a few comments from us. We hope you find them helpful and would love your feedback.
1. @NEAToday – “The National Education Association’s official publication, committed to a great public education for all students. Get free resources, news & more!Washington DC · http://www.nea.org/neatoday ” (54,900+ followers, 100/100 twitter grader)
As an NEA member, I can tell you this publication is AWESOME. It provides so many great resources for teachers, updates on current issues, and inspirational stories of NEA members. The NEA works so hard for education and teachers. (We number our list based on followers, but as an NEA member I am proud it is at the top!
2. @AngelaMaiers “I believe these 2 words can change the world – #YouMatter – I’m an Educator, Author, Speaker passionate about literacy, learning, and power of social media. Iowa · http://www.AngelaMaiers.com“ (53,200+ followers 100/100 twitter grader)
Angela is an incredible educator who is always willing to reach out to others. Simply visit her website and you can see the kind of impact she is having on American education. Her blog is extremely popular and worth adding to your reading list.
3. @coolcatteacher “Best teacher blog award winner, co-founder- Flat Classroom Projects, Conference, Digiteen, NetGenEd, known as the Wikinator by my students, author Camilla, Georgia · http://coolcatteacher.blogspot.com” (36,600+ followers 100/100 twitter grader)
Vicki Davis is a great resource for teachers. Upon visiting her blog, her commitment to education is obvious when you encounter the following quote: “Teaching students with new tools, enthusiasm, and a belief that teaching is a noble calling.” She also co-authored a book that would be a great summer read Flattening Classrooms, Engaging Minds: More to Global Collaboration One Step at a Time.
4. @ShellTerrell “Education thought-provoker, The 30 Goals Challenge author, International Speaker, #Edchat founder, Host for AM TESOL Free Fri Webinars, SC Mgr @TheConsultantsE worldwide · http://bit.ly/ShellTerrell” (24,200+ followers, 100/100 twitter grader)
Shelly Sanchez Terrell is AMAZING. She has so many great resources, I do not know where to begin. She has FREE Webinars for TESOL every Friday at 4PM EST. She has so much to offer, take a few minutes to visit her website.
5. @cybraryman1 “Educator & Writer trying to catalog the internet for students, educators and parents. http://cybraryman.com
ÜT: 27.179819,-80.236438 · http://www.cybraryman.com” (16,200+ followers 100/100 twitter grader)
Cybrary Man’s Educational Web Sites is an incredible resource for educators, parents, students, and general interest. The website lists “0ver 20,000 relevant links personally selected by an educator/author with over 30 years of experience.” (16,200+ followers 100/100 twitter grader)
6. @KylePace “District Instructional Technology Specialist and Google Certified Teacher. Presenter. Love to learn. Love to share. #EdcampKC organizer. Proud Dad. Kansas City, MO. · http://www.kylepace.com” (14,600+ followers 100/100 twitter grader)
An incredible resource for current technology. He is great at sharing useful tools in education and interesting blogs. He also is an organizer of EdCampKC. I have not yet attended an EdCamp, but this idea is a revolution – teachers sharing ideas about teaching. All educators who participate in an EdCamp love it. Find one near you today. (With any luck, perhaps we could twist Kyle’s arm to write a guest blog about EdCamp for us!)
7. @shannonmmiller “Teacher Librarian & Tech Integrationist who loves connecting, creating, change, advocacy & NOISE. Presenter & Blogger. Connecting People Shorty Award Recipient. Van Meter, Iowa · http://vanmeterlibraryvoice.blogspot.com/” (14,250+ followers, 100/100 twitter grader )
Shannon Miller is one of the most connected librarians in America. When you visit her website you will see a list of her personal blogs and the blogs she follows. She has received several nominations from the EduBlog Awards including; Best Librarian Library Blog, Best Individual Tweeter, best Group Blog.
8. @rweingarten “American Federation of Teachers president, committed to improving schools, hospitals and public institutions for children, families and communities. Washington, DC · http://www.aft.org” (12,500+ followers 100/100 twitter grader)
Randi is a truly engaged educational leader who uses twitter for constructive dialogue. She converses regularly and is very knowledgeable about the current issues facing our education system. No matter what your views are on education, she is a great resource to follow.
9. @theTeacherPage “Quality Resources for Teachers! Comments and Suggestions Welcome! @robertwhughes Halifax, MA · http://TheTeacherPage.com” (9,200+ followers, 100/100 twitter grader)
Robert Hughes was one of the first twitter accounts that made me realize that twitter was an extremely useful tool for educators. He has a constant stream of resources, ideas, and blogs that can be used to improve teaching. When you visit his website, The Teacher Page, you will find so many resources that you will need a week to process them all.
10. @feedtheteacher “EFL Teacher, E-tutor and social media and technology enthusiast! I believe in the power of sharing and collaborating! · http://feedtheteacher.blogspot.com” (7,900+ followers, 100/100 twitter grader)
Giselle Santos writes a blog that is very informative. She shares so many ideas about teaching, teaching philosophy, and lesson planning. She also has a really cool tool on her site that provides a timeline and location for the people who are viewing the site. The resource is called Feedjit, which might a useful resource to anyone who blogs.
Honorable Mention – @wkrakower “3 & 4 Computer Tech & BSI Teacher in NJ, Presenter, Contributor to #4thchat, #satchat & #njed, Planning member of #edcampnj, Co-Founder of #elemsci. Bergen County, New Jersey · http://www.mrkwebpage.com” (800+ followers, 92/100 twitter grader)
Bill Krakower is great resource for New Jersey teachers. As you can see in his profile. He is very active in twitter chats. If you are an elementary teachers who has not participated in a twitter chat, follow Bill and connect. He is our go to guy for anything educational in New Jersey education. He is helping out with our state account @mytowntutorsnj.
We hope you have found this list helpful. We hope to add more to help teachers expand and improve the quality of their PLN.
My Town Tutors is a website that connects parents with teachers who tutor. We currently list over 260 teachers from Massachusetts. We are always looking for qualified teachers from all 50 states who tutor to join our national directory of teachers who tutor.
It is FREE for parents to search for a teacher in their area.