My Town Tutors is a website that connects parents with teachers who tutor. If you are a teacher who tutors, consider registering with us. Teachers set the hourly rate and keep 100% of the fees! One of our teachers made $5,000 last year tutoring.
It is FREE for parents to search for a teacher in their area. Please help us find ONE MORE teacher who tutors!
My Town Tutors is currently reflecting on who our #1st52 twitter accounts would be if we were to start all over. In making our first choices, we believe it is important that “We Take Care of Our Own!”
The following is a list our our #1st52. It is based on the idea, “If I were to start all over on twitter, with what I know now, who would I follow and why?” This is the Massachusetts Edition, so there certainly is a biased.
We fully stand behind our choices 100% for our #1st52. #11 to follow is @TEDxBoston!
What better group to introduce our next account the “Boston.” We hope you enjoy.
The following was taken from the TEDx Boston Website. It is worth checking out.
“What is TEDx?
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TED has created a program called TEDx. TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. Our event is called TEDxBoston, where x = independently organized TED event. At our TEDxBoston event, TEDTalks video and live speakers will combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events, including ours, are self-organized.Learn more at: http://www.ted.com/tedx”
TEDx Boston 2013 had some great speakers. Read the bios. These are incredibly impressive individuals with “Revolutionary Ideas!”
- Debo Band – International Funk How can a team of musicians with wildly different backgrounds create a new style of sound?
- Nikita Bier,Founder & CEO, Outlineer:Election Day Changer – How can visualizing information change the way we vote?
- Dr. Helen Greiner, CEO, CyPhy Works – Re-Imaginer of Robots How can robots help save lives?
- Paul Sellew, Founder and CEO, Harvest Power – Compost King How can trash fuel our world?
- Peter Dilworth, Co-Founder, WobbleWorks – 3D Maker How can taking your pen off the paper let you to draw things exactly as you imagine?
- Geraldine Hamilton, Ph.D., Senior Staff Scientist, Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering – Cell Architect How can tissue engineering transform the way drugs are designed?
- Daniel Clarke, Cofounder & CEO, Fresh Truck – Food Desert Destroyer Our goal at Fresh Truck is to make healthy foods accessible and affordable to everyone.
- Sam Aquillano, Executive Director, Design Museum Boston Pop Up Designer What can we learn about design by encountering exhibits in unexpected places?
- Sam White, Co-founder, Promethean Power Systems – Co-Founder of Cool How can off-grid refrigeration change the economics of rural villages?
- Nataly Kogan, Co-Founder and CEO, Happier – Sharer of Joy How can we be happier?
- Brian Healy, Design Director, Perkins + Will – Waterfront Architect How can homes embrace the new reality of coastal living?
- Xiao Xiao, Technologist & Pianist – Virtual Pianist How can infusing technology into music change the way we play?
- Farah Pandith, Special Representative to Muslim Communities – Viral Peacemaker How can teens be empowered to reject extremism?
- Matthew DuPlessie, Founder & President, 5-wits Productions – Set Design Wizard How can transposing your surroundings change the way you perceive the world?
- Steve Ramirez, Graduate Student, MIT & Xu Liu, Ph.D., Research Scientist, Picower Institute for Learning and Memory, MIT – Brain Inceptors
- Eliot Fisk – Classical Guitar Innovator How can classical music deviate from the expected?
- Vanessa Kerry, Chief Executive Officer, Seed Global Health – Global Healthcare Revolutionary How can training new doctors and nurses in resource-limited countries cure more than people?
Check out our other choices for our #1st52.
- @divstrong – Top 10 Reasons DivStrong is Our #1: #1st52
- @BCHigh – 10 Reasons Why BC High is Our #2 Twitter Account
- @massteacher – 33 Reasons @MassTeacher is a #1st52 Account
- @onefund – Follow @OneFundBoston #1st52 Twitter Account
- @PragmaticMom – Pragamatic Mom: 10 Reasons We Love @PragmaticMom
- @MassPTA – 30 Reasons @MassPTA is an Perfect for Parents
- @NormandinBill – 5 Reasons @NormandinBill is a Great Account for Education
- @PatrickMLarkin – 5 Reasons to follow @PatrickMLarkin
- @thetrustees – The Trustees Reservations: Great Massachusetts Holiday Hikes
- @DeanCollege – Dean College: 5 Reasons to Discover the “Dean Difference”