Here are a few lessons that I have used with a high school Psychology class. Hopefully the lessons are clear and useful to some teachers.
Introduction to High School Psychology Lessons (4)
- Psychology Pre-Test
- Psychology Day #1: Dead Poet’s Society and a Bucket List!
- Write it Forward: Letter of Appreciation
- Create a Psychology Class “Hall of Fame”
- What I Have Learned
- Psychology Lesson: Classical Conditioning Hopping Activity
- Psychology: Video Clips for Teaching Classical Conditioning
- The Office and Classical Conditioning
- Pavlov’s Dog & Classical Conditioning: Great Video Clip
- Little Albert Experiment & Classical Conditioning
- Guest Blog: Teaching Classical Conditioning to High School Students
- Psychology Lesson: Personal Learning Experiences
- Unique Psychology Lesson: Learning How to Catch Quarters
- Psychology Lesson: Learned Helplessness
- Classical Conditioning Quiz
- Psychology Lesson: Short-Term Memory Test
- Psychology Lesson: Short-Term Memory & Telephone Sentences
- Psychology Lessons: “Memories of….”
- Psychology Lesson: Memory Bank
- Kenny Chesney “I Go Back”: Psychology, Songs, & Memories
- Psychology Lesson: A Thinking Quiz
- Psychology Lesson: Get U2 on Stage!
- Psychology Lesson: Thought “If…..”
Motivation and Emotion (3)
- Psychology Lesson: Write it Forward
- Psychology Lesson: Great Feedback from Just 1 Letter!
- Excellent End of the Year Lesson: Too Busy for a Friend
Sensation and Perception (1)
Great Speeches (2)
Great Books for Psychology (3)
- The Last Lecture is a Great Teaching Tool!
- 25 Activities for Teachers to Use with The Last Lecture
- A Great Teaching Resource: 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens
Great DVDs for Psychology (3)
- Oprah’s 20th Anniversary DVD: A Great Psychology Resource
- Psychology DVD: A Child’s Brain: From Syllable to Sound
- Pay It Forward: A Great DVD for Teens