My Town Tutors started in the South Shore of Massachusetts. Our goal is to help parents to connect with local teachers who tutor.
As part of our goal of being a great resource for the South Shore, we are compiling a list of great family activities. Below are some family friendly activities. Click on the text to read a full blog of the activity.
- Help the Friends of the Blue Hills with trail clean-up. June 1.
- The Great American Backyard Campout: June 22, 2013
- Visit the Boston Museum of Science. The Boston Museum of Science is AWESOME for Families
- Visit the Boston Children’s Museum: Great for younger kids!
- Attend a Harlem Globetrotters game at the TD Garden or the Dunkin Donuts Center Providence, Rhode Island DCU Center (April 2013)
- Attend a Brockton Rox baseball game.
- Attend a Plymouth Pirate Cruise: great for 4 – 12 year-olds.
Special Events (by Month)
- Celebrate Pi Day at The Boston Children’s Museum – March 14th is Pi Day.
- Go to a St. Patrick’s Day Parade – March 9 – 17. This is a listing of St. Patrick’s Day Parades.
- Participate in a Local Easter Egg Hunt like the one sponsored by the Marshfield Recreation Department. The Patriot Ledger lists many other family friendly activities.
- Visit Minute Man National Park (Patriot’s Day April).
- Attend a Memorial Day Parade – May 27, 2013. This is a listing of South Shore Memorial Day Parades.
My Town Tutors is a website that connects South Shore parents with teachers who tutor. If you are a teacher who tutors, for a limited time, you can register for using promo code: usteachers. Teachers set the hourly and keep 100% of the fees! One of our teachers made $5,000 last year tutoring.
It is FREE for parents to search for a teacher in their area.