My Town Tutors is a website that connects parents with teachers who tutor. We are completing a 50 States in 50 Days Teacher Challenge to recruit teachers who tutor. If you are a teacher who tutors, we are always looking for qualified teachers from all 50 states who tutor to join our national directory of teachers who tutor.
It is FREE for parents to search for a teacher in their area.
My Town Tutors loves a good laugh. Over the years we have acquired many riddles that might be used in a classroom. Hopefully you find them useful and can have some fun with them.
- What has 18 legs and catches flies?… A baseball team.
- What is brown and “sticky?”… A stick.
- How far can a dog run into the woods?...Halfway, then the dog would be running out of the words.
- What is Smokey the Bear’s middle name?…”the“
- Is there a 4th of July in England?…Yes there is, it just is not a day of celebration like it is in America.
- What goes up and down stairs without moving?… A carpet
- Give it food and it will live; give it water and it will die… Fire
- What can you catch but not throw?… A cold
- I run, yet I have no legs. What am I?… A nose
- Take one out and scratch my head, I am now black but once was red…A match
- Remove the outside, cook the inside, eat the outside, throw away the inside… Corn
- What goes around the world and stays in a corner?… A stamp
- What gets wetter the more it dries?… Towel
- The more there is, the less you see… Darkness
- They come at night without being called and are lost in the day without being stolen… Stars