My Town Tutors is the nation’s 1st National Directory of teachers who tutor. Our goal in 2014 is to expand our network of local teachers who tutor to 1,000 teachers! In 2013 we had over 150,000 visitors to our site from all 50 states.
It is FREE for parents to search for a teacher in their area. Please help us find ONE MORE teacher who tutors!
Here are some great accounts for Read Across America Week.
@NEAReadAcross: Mark your calendars: March 3, 2014, is NEA’s Read Across America Day! nea.org/readacross
- @NEAToday: (92,000 followers) The National Education Association, the nation’s largest professional employee organization, is committed to advancing the cause of public education. Washington DC. nea.org
- @NEAMedia: (14,000 followers) Media team for the National Education Association, sharing #education and NEA news. Tweets do not equal endorsement. Washington, DC. nea.org
- @IRAToday: (13,200 followers) Honoring the Past. Building the Future. Delaware. reading.org
- @RWTnow: (13,000 followers) Providing educators, parents, & afterschool professionals with free access to the highest quality materials for reading & language arts instruction. Urbana, IL & Newark, DE. readwritethink.org
- @litworldsays: (5,600 followers) A non-profit founded by @PamAllyn, LitWorld believes that Words Change Worlds. We work to promote global literacy through Advocacy, Education and Innovation. New York, NY. litworld.org
- @Seussville: (2,500 followers) http://Seussville.com is the official online home for Dr. Seuss where you can explore Dr. Seuss’s world and interact with his classic characters. Seussville, USA. seussville.com
- @ProLitWorld: (2,400 followers) Every adult in the world has the right to literacy. Syracuse, NY. proliteracy.org
- @AdLit: (1,700 followers) Resources for parents and educators of struggling teen readers/writers. Classroom strategies, instructional articles, parent tips, and book recommendations. Arlington, Virginia. AdLit.org
- @getset4literacy: (500 followers) Literacy Project Foundation helps at-risk youth achieve reading fluency at no cost with Get Set Read!; a fun, socially interactive literacy program. Orange County, CA. literacyprojectfoundation.org