My Town Tutors is the nation’s 1st National Directory of teachers who tutor. Our goal in 2014 is to expand our network of local teachers who tutor to 1,000 teachers! In 2013 we had over 150,000 visitors to our site from all 50 states.
It is FREE for parents to search for a teacher in their area. Please help us find ONE MORE teacher who tutors!
We love Pi Day and have listed some great links via the #1 Resource for Pi Day The Exploratorium. We are not trying to steal their thunder, we just want to share their expertise.
We hope you enjoy.
- The Pi Day Challenge: Have students sign-up and participate in this great activity created by a high school math teacher.
- Pi poster from unihedron.com: Have students create a Pi Day poster to share with the class.
- Ask Dr. Math: About Pi: Have students research the History of Pi Day.
- Pi Through the Ages: Create a Pi Timeline.
- Video Pi: Conduct a video interview with others about Pi.
- Happy Pi Day to You: Have students make a Pi Day video presentation, set to music
- Pi Day Greeting Cards: Have students make a Pi Day card or send an Pi Day eCard.
- Mnemonic Odes to Pi
- Share a laugh with a Pi Day Joke
- Give a High Pi: When a friend does something mathematically fantastic, raise three fingers high and connect with your math buddy who will be doing the same. When 2 mathematical friends contact 3 fingers ABOVE THE SHOULDERS, you have made a high pi. A “high pi” is the same as a high 5 minus the thumb and pinky.