The Pi Day Joke blog is being sponsored by IPractice Math.
IPractice Math is a great resource for parents and teachers! It offers learning topics in Algebra, Calculus, Decimals, Fractions, and Consumer Math. Teachers and independent learners can register. here to register.
Pi Day Jokes (11)
- What do you get when you cut a jack o’lantern by its diameter?… Pumpkin Pi!
- What do you get when you take green cheese and divide its circumference by its diameter?… Moon Pi.
- What do you get when you take the sun and divide its circumference by its diameter?…Pi in the sky.
- Mathematician: “Pi r squared” Baker:” No! Pies are round, cakes are square!
- What do we get when we take the object and order the rim by the diameter?…Pi in the sky by and by.
- In Alaska, where it gets very cold, pi is only 3.00. As you know, everything shrinks in the cold. They call it Eskimo pi.
- What do you get if you divide the circumference of a bowl of ice cream by its diameter?… Pi a’la mode.
- 3.14% of Sailors are PI rates!
- A mathematician, a physicist, and an engineer are all given identicalrubber balls and told to find the volume. They are given anything theywant to measure it, and have all the time they need. The mathematician pulls out a measuring tape and records the circumference. He then divides by two times pi to get the radius, cubes that, multiplies by pi again, and then multiplies by four-thirds and thereby calculates the volume.The physicist gets a bucket of water, places 1.00000 gallons of water in the bucket, drops in the ball, and measures the displacement to six significant figures. And the engineer? He writes down the serial number of the ball, and looks it up.
- The roundest knight at King Arthur’s was Sir Cumference… He ate too much Pi!
- What is the official animal of Pi Day?… the PI – thon!
Math Riddles (14)
- Why should you never mention the number 288 in front of anyone?… Because it is too gross (2 x 144 – two gross).
- How is the moon like a dollar?… They both have 4 quarters.
- How can you add eight 8’s to get the number 1,000? (only using addition) A: 888 +88 +8 +8 +8 = 1,000
- How many eggs can you put in an empty basket? … Only one, after that the basket is not empty.
- Where can you buy a ruler that is 3 feet long?… At a yard sale
- When things go wrong, what can you always count on?… Your fingers.
- What coin doubles in value when half is deducted?… A half dollar.
- Why are diapers like 100 dollar bills?… They need to be changed.
- What goes up and never comes down?… Your Age
- Why is the longest human nose on record only 11 inches long?… Otherwise it would be a foot.
- Why do they never serve beer at a math party?… Because you can’t drink and derive…
- Why didn’t the quarter roll down the hill with the nickel?… Because it had more cents.
- Why is 6 afraid of 7?… Because 7 8(ate) 9
- What is a proof?… One-half percent of alcohol.