My Town Tutors is the nation’s 1st National Directory of teachers who tutor. Our goal in 2014 is to expand our network of local teachers who tutor to 1,000 teachers! In 2013 we had over 150,000 visitors to our site from all 50 states.
It is FREE for parents to search for a teacher in their area. Please help us find ONE MORE teacher who tutors!
My Town Tutors loves to celebrate Pi Day. This year we had over 16,000 visitors on Pi Day March 14th. Since so many math enthusiasts joined us on this special math day, why not celebrate math every day.
Below is a list of some amazing resources we have compiled for math teachers.
- 101 Math Jokes for Teachers: A list of great school appropriate jokes about math.
- Accept The Pi Day Challenge (3,000+ registered users):The Pi Day Challenge is a set of logic puzzles that is designed for Pi Day, but can be used the entire year. Teachers can challenge a high school math class to see how well they can do. Have students sign-up and participate in this great activity created by a high school math teacher.
- Create a Math Genius:The Pi Day Challenge is truly a challenge for math. Not all people who start the Pi Day Challenge have the math skills, perseverance, or patience to complete the challenge, but … some students will. These students will feel a sense of accomplishment and achievement which may even kindle a greater love of math.
- Great Websites for Math Teachers
- Try 2048: An extremely challenging math puzzle: Join the numbers and get to the 2048 tile!
- Try Threes: A tiny little puzzle that grows on you!