My Town Tutors started in the South Shore of Massachusetts. Our goal is to help parents to connect with local teachers who tutor.
As part of our goal of being a great resource for the South Shore, we are compiling a list of great family activities. Below are some family friendly activities. Click on the text to read a full blog of the activity.
- Visit King Richard’s Faire Carver, MA. Weekends August 31st – October 20th.
- Go Apple Picking: Check out our list of places to pick apples in Massachusetts.
- Visit a Corn Maize: Check out our list of corn maizes in Massachusetts.
- September 14, 2013: North Community Church Rib Cook-Off Marshfield, MA
- September 15, 2013: Celebrate Dot Day at the Eric Carle Musuem Amherst, MA.
- September 18, 2013: Watch the Harvest Moon Rise
- September 21, 2013: 9th Annual Endless Summer Waterfront Festival Hull, MA.
- September 21 & 22, 2013: 37th Annual South Shore Science Center Corn Festival Norwell, MA.
- September 21 & 22, 2013: Life is Good Festival Prowse Farm, Canton, MA
- Visit the Boston Museum of Science. The Boston Museum of Science is AWESOME for Families
- Visit the Boston Children’s Museum: Great for younger kids!
- Attend a Harlem Globetrotters game at the TD Garden or the Dunkin Donuts Center Providence, Rhode Island DCU Center (April 2013)
- Attend a Brockton Rox baseball game.
- Attend a Plymouth Pirate Cruise: great for 4 – 12 year-olds.
- Go on a beach walk.
- Celebrate Lincoln Days.
- Celebrate Maple Days.
Special Events (by Month)
- Celebrate Pi Day at The Boston Children’s Museum – March 14th is Pi Day.
- Go to a St. Patrick’s Day Parade – March 9 – 17. This is a listing of St. Patrick’s Day Parades.
- Participate in a Local Easter Egg Hunt like the one sponsored by the Marshfield Recreation Department. The Patriot Ledger lists many other family friendly activities.
- Visit Minute Man National Park (Patriot’s Day April).
- Attend a Memorial Day Parade – May 27, 2013. This is a listing of South Shore Memorial Day Parades.
- Attend a YMCA summer camp or program.
- Bowl a FREE game at Boston Bowl Hanover, courtesy of Tedeschi Foods.
- Visit the Blue Hills for a Hike.
- Go to a Top 10 Massachusetts Beach.
- Have a squirt gun fight.
- Have a water ballon fight.
- Get an ice cream.
- Attend a Plymouth Pilgrims Baseball game of the NECBL.
- Watch the Moonrise over the ocean.
- Attend a Brockton Rox baseball game.
- Go to Duxbury Beach.
- Ride the Paragon Carousel.
- Play Paddle Ball at the beach.
- Buy an Ice Cream from the Ice Cream Man.
- Watch a sunset.
- Go mini-golfing at Pirate’s Cove in South Yarmouth.
- June 1: Help the Friends of the Blue Hills with trail clean-up.
- June 9, 2013: Participate in the Hingham Pan Mass Challenge Kids Ride. Here is listing of other dates and times.
- June 7 – 9: Attend the Boston Irish Festival sponsored by the Irish Cultural Centre.
- June 14th:Attend Hanover Day on . There is a great schedule of events, including a visit from Tim Wakefield.
- June 15: Attend the Magical MoonAntique Sale & Flea Market at the farm 9 am – 3 pm. Open to the public – 15 antique vendors. A great cause.
- June 22, 2013: Participate in The Great American Backyard Campout:
- June 23, 2013: Attend Marshfield Summerfest. Great events all day.
- June 29: the Magical MoonMagical Strawberry Moon Faery Day at the farm 10 am – 2 pm. Must believe in magic.
- June 30, 2013: Participate in the PlymouthPan Mass Challenge Kids Ride. Here is listing of other dates and times
- Celebrate the 4th of July. Click for some great activities
- July 4th:Attend the 4th of July events in Plymouth.
- July 4th:Attend the 4th of July events in Hingham.
- July 4th:Attend the 4th of July events in Duxbury.
- July 4th:Attend the 4th of July events on the South Shore.
- July 8, 2013: Attend The Winslow House who Welcomes Pulitzer Prize Winner: Tom Reiss
- Friday, July 12th 10:30 AM: Trains & Treats at the Winsow House
- Saturday July 13th: Marsfield Church Fair on the Town Green
- Friday, July 19th 10:30 AM: Teddy Bear Picnic
- Sunday, July 28th 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM: Daniel Webster Estate Family Day.
- July 21st – August 2nd: The Duxbury Music Festival
- Thursday August 1st 7 pm: Castle Hill Summer Concert Series: Room Full of Blues
- Saturday, August 3rd 3 PM: Life at a Revolutionary War Encampment
- Thursday August 8th 7 pm:Castle Hill Summer Concert Series: Beantown Swing Orchestra (big band swing)
- Friday, Aug 16th 10:30 AM: Classic Couture: Fashion & Culture in the 18th Century
- Thursday August 15th 7 pm:Castle Hill Summer Concert Series: The Brew (rock)
- August 16th – 25th. Attend the Marshfield Fair.
- Thursday August 22nd 7 pm:Castle Hill Summer Concert Series: HELP! (Beatles tribute band)
- Thursday August 29th 7 pm: Castle Hill Summer Concert Series: Orville Giddings Band (boogie blues)
My Town Tutors is a website that connects South Shore parents with teachers who tutor. Teachers set the hourly and keep 100% of the fees! One of our teachers made $5,000 last year tutoring.
It is FREE for parents to search for a teacher in their area.