My Town Tutors is a website that connects parents with teachers who tutor. If you are a teacher who tutors, please, consider registering with us. Teachers set the hourly rate and keep 100% of the fees! One of our teachers made $5,000 last year tutoring.
It is FREE for parents to search for a teacher in their area. Please help us find ONE MORE teacher who tutors!
@MyTownTutorsNE is trying an experiment to expand our PLN. We did something incredibly drastic – EXTREME TWITTER TIP: We Unfollowerd Everyone!
We are slowly going to build up our “Following” by adding one more valuable account each day. As time will allow, we will write a blog about our choices. Some time we may only list the account and leave it up to others to figure out why we made our selection.
This should be fun. Each week we will announce the new accounts we will follow.
Twitter Account of the Day:
@Mallikarjunan – “eCommerce at @HubSpot. Author of How To Sell Better Than Amazon. I’m here to smoke cigars, drink scotch & kick ass. Pray I don’t run out of cigars & scotch. Boston, MA · inboundcommerce.com”
Here is our previous choices:
- @massteacher – “Massachusetts Teachers Association. Boston, Mass. · massteacher.org”33 Reasons @MassTeacher is a #1st52 Account
- @ceanews – “CEA is the largest advocate for public education in Connecticut. Our 43,000 members include K-12 public school teachers, retired teachers & college students. Hartford, CT · cea.org“
- @NEAMedia – “Media team for the National Education Association, sharing #education and NEA news. Tweets do not equal endorsement. Washington, DC · nea.org“
- @vermontnea – “Vermont-NEA members are the reason our schools are Vermont’s most important resource. Montpelier, VT · vtnea.org“
- @MassPTA – “everychild.onevoice. Move beyond the bake sale and make a difference for ALL children. Affiliate of National PTA. Non-partisan. Non-sectarian. masspta.org” 30 Reasons @MassPTA is an Perfect for Parents
- @edvotes – “A community of activists committed to advancing education policies focused on building great public schools and benefiting all students. Washington, DC · educationvotes.nea.org“
- @NEACAC – “The number one resource in New England for college admission professionals! Find the latest news, information, and professional development opportunities here! Serving New England, USA · neacac.org“
- @PragmaticMom – “I blog excessively about children’s and YA books. When I cover education and parenting, KidLit somehow slips in. http://sulia.com/pragmaticmom/ Boston, MA · pragmaticmom.comPragamatic Mom: 10 Reasons We Love @PragmaticMom
- @askteacherzcom – Educators & Parents. Manager of #CollabEd – Gr.1 Tchr. w/ Counseling MA & Gr.8 U.S. History Tchr. w/ History MA – Jogger; Coach; Ed. Tech & Free-Lance Writer. Grosse Pointe, Michigan · askteacherz.com