My Town Tutors is a website that connects parents with teachers who tutor. If you are a teacher who tutors, for a limited time, you can register for using promo code: usteachers. Teachers set the hourly and keep 100% of the fees! One of our teachers made $5,000 last year tutoring.
It is FREE for parents to search for a teacher in their area. Please help us find ONE MORE teacher who tutors!
Throughout the school year there are some common and not so common days to celebrate in your classroom with your students. This blog, like many of our blogs is a work in progress.
Our goal is to list and provide resources for special days that teachers can celebrate in your classroom. If you know of any days we are missing, please comment below and we will be sure to add the day. We also welcome guest blogs about days and lessons.
We will list the special days by month. Some days like the 100th day of school will be celebrated on different days depending on the start of the school year. These days are for the year 2013.
We hope you enjoy!
Different Dates: 100th Day of School
April 2 – World Autism Day
- World Autism Awareness Day
- The Importance of Peer Social Relationships for Individuals on the Autism Spectrum
- World Autism Day: How Do YOU Show Your Support for #Autism?
April 15, 2013: Patriot’s Day – Battle of Lexington and Concord.
April 18, 2013: Poem in Your Pocket Day
April 19, 2013: National Day of Silence
April 23, 2013: World Book Night
April 30, 2013: Deadline for Poetry Contest Grades 3 – 12
June 18th Nelson Mandela Day
- Psychology Lesson: Grandparent Appreciation Day
- Grandparents Day: 101 Quotes for Grandparents
- Grandparents Day: A Little Something is a Wonderful Book!
- Grandparents Day Lesson: Grandparent Memories
- Grandparents’ Day Lesson: Memories and a Letter
- National Grandparents Day High School Lessons
January 21, 2013: Martin Luther King Day
- Pi Day: Events, Activities, and History
- Pi Day: 22 Great Websites for Math Teachers
- Pi Day Resources for Math Teachers
- 5 Amazing Math Websites to Prepare for the Pi Day Challenge
- The Pi Day Challenge is a Slice of Heaven for Math Teachers!
March 17th: St. Patrick’s Day
March 31: Easter 70 Easter Jokes for Families and Teachers!