My Town Tutors wants to be a great resource for parents and teachers. We make is easy for parents to connect with local teachers.
Below is a list of books we recommend.
ALA Award Books
- Coretta Scott King Book Awards
- Schneider Family Book Award
- Printz Award
- Margaret A. Edwards Award
- Alex Award
- Best Books for Young Adults
- Caldecott Award Books (74 books)
High School Books
- The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
- Coach by Michael Lewis
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens by Sean Covey
- The Dot by Peter Reynolds
- Lester Fizz, Bubble-Gum Artist by Ruth Shipro
- Tale of A Baseball Dream: “World’s Greatest Baseball Story” by Jerry Pearlman
- Birthday Monsters (Boynton on Board) by Sandra Boynton: A great book by a great children’s author. Worth reading every birthday.
- On the Night You Were Born by Nancy Tillman: A great birthday book for children or newborns. Awesome pictures.
- Presidents’ Day Children’s Book: Duck for President
- Barack Obama: Son of Promise, Child of Hope
- Barack Obama: Of Thee I Sing: Letters to My Daughter
- President’s Day Children’s Book: Abe Lincoln’s Hat