Letter of the Week – I i
During the week, please learn to identify this letter, its sound, and formation. As home please make a list of words that begin with this letter.
Also identify the high frequency words “but” and “in.”
I i Activities
- Have some ice cream for dessert after you eat your dinner.
- Find an icicle in the winter.
- Have Mom or Dad inflate a balloon.
- Make ice.
- Create an igloo in the snow.
- Jump in the air!
- Go ice skating at a rink or on a pond.
- Stay away from poison ivy! Be careful!
- Use a ruler to draw a straight line. How many inches is it?
Activity: Play this game. Say, “I am going to say a word, listen carefully to it. If it starts with the I i sound, give me a thumbs up! If it doesn’t start with the I i sound, give me a thumbs down.”
Word List: igloo, turtle, inside, itchy, horse, ink, inch, camera, in, imagine, bed, incredible.
This lesson was taken directly from the homework assignments of a Massachusetts kindergarten teacher.
My Town Tutors is a website that connects parents with teachers who tutor. We currently list over 250 teachers from Massachusetts. We are always looking for qualified teachers from all 50 states who tutor to join our national directory of teachers who tutor.
It is FREE for parents to search for a teacher in their area.