- 180 School Jokes! Start Your Day with a Smile!
- Spring Jokes for Kids
- School Jokes
- Jokes for Kids
- 365 Family Friendly Jokes
April Jokes / Top 10 April Pages / April Hashtags of the Day
April Lessons & April Guest Blogs
Check out our complete list of 100+ Guest Blogs! & 365 Family Friendly Jokes!
Top Guest Blogs
Writing Advice for College Students
For those in the middle of a rewarding career, having a child can create a milestone that can be difficult to pass. As a great amount of time and energy goes into the care of your child, you could be like many others and feel lHoike a piece of you is missing. There is no doubt that your child fills a large portion of that gap. However, many people are drawn to their careers and the work itself becomes a lifestyle that you may wish to continue. This is where the nanny comes in to save the day.
1. Work – Obviously, hiring a nanny can get you back to work. Your career is important to you mentally and financially. While it is true that hiring a nanny adds another bill to the pile, the freedom you receive to advance your career may be well worth the extra money. The ease of mind you have while at work knowing your child is in safe hands is worth nearly any amount as you feel you have the best of both worlds.
2. Personal Time – Even the most successful of family therapists and instructors will suggest having alone time for yourself. After all, how can you care for a child if you can’t even care for yourself? Depending on the agreement you have with your nanny, you could easily be accommodated for time away from your child. This doesn’t mean you don’t love the child any less. You need time for yourself in order to gather your own thoughts and relax. Stress can build up and make you miserable which the child can sense even at an early age and in turn could make them miserable.
3. Live-in – Hiring a live-in nanny could make all the difference when dealing with careers that have relentless hours of operation. Although some may be skeptical by using a live-in nanny for full-time care of your child, it could mean the difference between continued success and the unemployment line; which no one likes to be in. Having a live-in nanny doesn’t drive a wedge between yourself and the child, as long as you dedicate quality time with him or her.
4. Scheduling – Agencies that provide nannies operate a variety of schedules that can be tailored to fit your needs. Whether they are temporary or summer help while school is out, scheduling is usually never an issue with these professionals. If you have a school-age child, summer care could be a burden to find. Why put yourself through that kind of stress if you can find a nanny that can balance it out?
5. Salary Nannies – Nannies that agree to salary terms could save you a great deal of money and headache. Unlike an hourly rate nanny, a salary based income isn’t inclusive of overtime hours. This means that a 48 hour week isn’t subject to 8 hours of overtime at time-and-a-half. However, a 22 hour week for the individual still rakes in the full amount. Depending on your weekly needs, you are able to balance a well-rounded pay schedule that everyone is happy with.
A nanny is more than just a mere baby sitter. This individual will become a part of your child’s development whether he or she is a live-in nanny or not. You need to choose your nanny wisely as there is so much at stake. Confidence in your new employee is just another way that these individuals can bring peace and balance to your life.
Ken holds a master’s in business leadership from Upper Iowa University and multiple bachelor degrees from Grand View College. As president of morningsidenannies.com, Ken’s focus is helping Houston-based parents find the right childcare provider for their family. When he isn’t working, he enjoys spending time with his three children and his wife.