My Town Tutors is a website that connects parents with teachers who tutor. If you are a teacher who tutors, for a limited time, you can register for FREE by using promo code: usteachers. Teachers set the hourly rate and keep 100% of the fees! One of our teachers made $5,000 last year tutoring.
It is FREE for parents to search for a teacher in their area. Please help us find ONE MORE teacher who tutors!
What would happen if you unfollowed every twitter account following you? We are going to complete this experiment with some our our local accounts, starting with @mytowntutorsNE, our New England account. Why are we doing this?
- We are curious. @mytowntutors and @mytowntutorsMA are our extremely active twitter accounts.@mytowntutorsNW is the unofficial worst account on twitter, but that is a story for another blog.
- We are currently inactive. @mytowntutorsNE has not tweeted since December 7, 2012. Here is our last tweet….“Humor is merely tragedy standing on its head with its pants torn.” Irvin S. Cobb
- We want to KISS “Keep it Simple Stupid.” We want to get back to basics, we have been using twitter for the last 2 years and we want to start over, learning from our mistakes.
- We want to reflect and create our #1st52. We want to spend the next few weeks reflecting on who would be the 1st 52 accounts we would follow. We will come up with list over the next several weeks.
- We do not want to spend much time on twitter. Yes, there is life outside of twitter and we would like to try it.
What is your hypothesis?
- We will find out who our true friends are. A minority of our followers will unfollow us, but people who understand our mission to help parents and teachers connect will still see value in our account and remain loyal followers.
- Weeding out is good. There are many followers who are following because we follow them, they have no interest in education, parenting, and some occasional jokes.
- We will attract true followers. If someone follows us, seeing that we are following no one, they should have a good idea that we probably will not be following back. So they will be following us for who we are.
- We will survive. If we are left with no followers, we will survive. It is not the end of the world. We know enough about twitter to get back on our feet. We have some ideas about how twitter works and will follow them closely. We will share our tips on our twitter 101 page.
Here we go. Sunday June 9th 5:47 AM:
1,681 tweets, 541 following, 452 followers.
Sunday June 9th 6:16:
1,699, 390 following, 452 followers, Tweet grade 87 / 100
Check back to see what happens.
Our first tweet will be.
@mytowntutors @ShannonMiller EXTREME Twitter Tip: Unfollow Everyone! http://bit.ly/15M0P0U Would love feedback! Thanks!