Guest Blog Page
Top Joke Pages
- 180 School Jokes! Start Your Day with a Smile!
- 101 Mole Day Jokes
- Winter Jokes
- Clean Jokes
- 365 Family Friendly Jokes
Top Sports Jokes! 365 Family Friendly Jokes! Lessons for Special Days!
Top Dr. Suess Quotes! Test your Dr. Suess Trivia!
Theodor Seuss Geisel Award Winners: 40 Great Books for Kids
Dr. Suess Trivia taken from the following websites: http://www.funtrivia.com/, Discovery Education
- Do you remember how many hats Bartholomew Cubbins has?… 500 Fact: Bartholomew Cubbins lived in the Kingdom of Didd. “The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins” is one of just a few Dr. Seuss books that don’t rhyme .
- Who did Horton hear?… A Who Fact: In “Horton Hears a Who” Horton is an elephant who learns about the value of small things. Dr. Seuss wrote two books and four short stories about Horton.
- Thidwick had a big heart. What kind of animal was Thidwick?… a moose Fact: “Thidwick the Big-Hearted Moose” tells about other animals taking advantage of Thidwick’s generous nature.
- Was Yertle a big green frog?… no Fact: Yertle was a turtle in the book “Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories”. In fact, he was King of the Turtles.
- What Dr. Seuss book tells about Gerald McGrew, a boy who thinks he can pick stranger and more amazing animals?… If I Ran the Zoo Fact: Gerald was disappointed by the animals he saw at the zoo so he traveled the world choosing very unusual creatures such as “an It-Kutch, a Preep, and a Proo”. At the end of the book Dr. Seuss reminds us that Gerald’s animals are all from his imagination
- Dr. Seuss’s first book about Horton the Elephant was called “Horton Hatches” something. What did Horton hatch?… the Egg Fact: In “Horton Hatches the Egg” a lazy bird talks Horton into tending her egg for a short time, but she leaves for good. Horton is rewarded for his loyalty when the egg hatches.
- The person who tells this Dr. Seuss story decides that there aren’t enough letters in the alphabet. He starts making up new letters to add. What book is this?… On Beyond Zebra Fact: Every new letter is identified with an animal whose name starts with that letter. The letter “FLOOB” starts the name of the Floob-Boober-Bab-Boober-Bubs animal. Other new letters are “Humpf” and “Flunn”.
- A sad little boy talks to an old man who convinces him that things could be a lot worse than they are. What’s the word in the title that I can’t remember? “Did I Ever Tell You How ____ You Are?”…. lucky Fact: The sad boy met an old man in the Desert of Drize who tells him, “Just tell yourself, Duckie, you’re really quite lucky!”
- Dr. Seuss wrote a book with rhymes designed to help beginners learn to read. In it you can meet characters like Pat who sits on a hat, a cat and a bat. What did Dr. Seuss call this book?… Hop on Pop Fact: A lot of children started learning to read when their parents read “Hop on Pop” to them. The rhymes and clever pictures make the book easy to read and understand
- In the short story “The Zax”, Dr. Seuss tells us about two stubborn creatures who meet and refuse to get out of the way of each other. What kind of creatures are these?… a north-going Zax and a south-going Zax Fact: Zax are stubborn and like to argue. They have messy hair and hairy bodies. The north-going Zax and the south-going Zax are so stubborn that the world finally passes them by.
- Which title below was the first children’s book published by Dr. Seuss?… And To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street
- Dr. Seuss’ real name was… Ted Geisel
- Which book was the last new book published before Dr. Seuss’ death?… Oh, The Places You’ll Go!
- What was the site of the infamous Christmas heist by the Grinch?…. Whoville
- How many stripes are in the hat of the Cat in the Hat?… 5
- What game do you play with Gak?… Ring the Gak
- In Horton Hatches and Egg, what animal is Horton?… an elephant
- What sound did the two kids in the Cat in the Hat hear?… bump
- How many humps are on Mr. Gump’s wump?… seven
- How many different words did Dr. Suess use to write Green Eggs and Ham?… 51
- What are the two animals in the Big Brag?… a rabbit and a bear.
- Where did the fish end up after the Cat in the Hat fell?… the teapot
- In One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish what book is the nook reading?… How to Cook
- On the day the Cat in the Hat Comes Back, what is the weather?…. snowy
- What color ring does the cat leave in the bathtub in Cat in the Hat Comes Back?… pink
- In To Think I Saw it on Mulberry Street, a reindeer prefers to pull a fancy sled in stead of?… a blue and yellow chariot
- What is the color of the hat in the 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins?… Red
- In which Dr. Suess book did Old King Derwin of Did grow tired of the same old weather year in and year out?… Bartholomew and the Oobleck
- In One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish, Ned does not like what?… His little bed.
- What color is the cat’s umbrella?… blue
- The name Mayzie appears in which two Dr. Suess books? Daisy-Head Mayzie and…. Horton Hatches the Egg
- Fill in the blank for the title: I Can Lick Tigers Today!…
- What color is the fish in the story The Cat in the Hat?… pink
- “Did you ever fly a kite in bed? Did you ever walk with ten cats in your head?” Such are the profound, philosophical queries posed in what well-loved classic?… One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
- In which Dr. Suess book does The Cat in the Hat bring along two playmates named Thing 1 and Thing 2?… The Cat in the Hat Comes Back
- What color is the Lorax?… brown