This is a great introductory activity for a U.S. History class. It is some basic information that many of the students, regardless of grade level will have difficulty answering. (Some teachers may have do a little research about the elected officials prior to the activity.)
I hope you are impressed by your student responses!
US History Pre-quiz
FEDERAL ELECTED OFFICIALS
1. Who is the President?
2. Who is the Vice President?
3. Who are the US Senators (2) for our state?
4. Who is the US Representative for our district?
BRANCHES OF GOVERNMENT
5. List the 3 Branches of Government.
6. How may judges serve on the Supreme Court?
7. What is total number US senators?
8. What is total number US representatives?
STATE ELECTED OFFICIALS
9. Who is the Governor?
10.Who is your State Senator?
11. Who is your State Representative?
LOCAL ELECTED OFFICIALS *
12. What is the name of the song?
13. Who wrote it?
14. During which war?
15. What Baltimore, MD Fort was being observed?
* For the local officials, you can add the appropriate positions.
I hope this is an activity that is useful to teachers as they start the year. Good Luck!