The Top Christmas Trivia is being sponsored by @JonLJenMarc a great place for learning. If you like our list, please show your support by following @JonLJenMarc and by visiting jonljenmarc.com. Their generous support allows us to continue providing resources for teachers and parents.
1. How the Grinch Stole Christmas: Dr Suess (11 Multiple Choice Questions)
- Where did the Grinch live?… Just North of Who-Ville
- What was the most likely reason that the Grinch hated Christmas?… His Heart was two sizes too small
- Although the Grinch disliked many things about Christmas, what was the one the one thing he liked least of all?… Every Who down in Who-ville would start singing
- “If I can’t find a reindeer, I’ll make one instead!” What was the Grinch’s dog’s name?… Max
- As the Grinch ransacked Who-ville, what was “the first thing to go!”… These stockings!
- The Grinch cleaned out the icebox. He even took the last can of what?… Who-hash!
- While stealing a Christmas tree, the Grinch was caught in the act by a small Who (not more than two!)…what was her name?… Cindy-Lou Who
- After being caught in the act of stealing a Christmas tree, the Grinch offered up a lie about what he was doing. Why did he say he was taking the Christmas tree?… “Why, my sweet little tot,” the fake Santy Claus lied, “There’s a light on this tree that won’t light on one side. “So I’m taking it home to my workshop, my dear. “I’ll fix it up there. Then I’ll bring it back here.”
- Only leaving bare wall with nothing but hooks and some wire, what was the last thing the Grinch took from the house?… The log for their fire
- How did the Grinch know that he hadn’t stopped Christmas?… The Who’s were singing. Without presents at all!
- How much did the Grinch’s heart grow that day?… 3 sizes!
2. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (10 Multiple Choice Questions. Score based out of 1,000 points. Points awarded for how quickly the questions are answered correctly.)
- What was the name of the talking Snowman who narrated the Story?… Sam
- How did Donner, Rudolph’s father try to hide his nose?… He covered it with black mud.
- What was Hermey’s that caused him to stand out from the other elves?… He didn’t like to make toys.
- What was the name of the doe who befriended Rudolph?… Clarice
- Who were Rudolph and Hermey hiding from and almost got frostbitten?…
- According to Yukon Cornelius what was the Abominable Snowman’s biggest weakness?… Water
- What was wrong with the doll on the island of Misfit Toys?… It was never explained.
- What job was given to the newly reformed Abominable Snowman?… He put the star on the Christmas tree.
- Why did Santa almost cancel Christmas?… The Storm was too heavy.
- When Rudolph led Santa’s sleigh on Christmas Eve, the first place they stopped was the Island of Misfit Toys (true or false)?… true
3. A Year Without A Santa Claus (15 Multiple Choice Questions)
- Who did the voice of Santa Claus?… Mickey Rooney
- Why did Santa want to cancel Christmas?… He was sick and he felt there wasn’t any more Christmas spirit.
- Who did the voice of Mrs. Claus?… Shirley Booth
- What was the name of the town (among others) that decided to cancel Christmas?… Southtown, USA
- What were the names of the two elves that Mrs. Claus sent to the above mentioned town?… Jingle and Jangle
- What was the name of the reindeer that the two elves rode?… Vixen
- The two elves tried to pretend that the reindeer was something else so they wouldn’t look suspicious. What was it?… a dog
- Mrs. Claus had a reindeer pull the sleigh so she could visit Mother Nature. What was that reindeer’s name?… Blitzen
- Mother Nature had two feuding sons. What were their names?… Snow Miser and Heat Miser
- Santa rode a reindeer to the town the elves were in to help them. What was its name?… Dasher
- While Santa was in town he befriended a young boy. What was his name?… Ignatius Thistlewhite
- Before Santa left for the town he received a letter from a sad little girl. What song did she sing?… Blue Christmas
- While visiting this town the elves find out from the mayor what he would love for Christmas. What is it?… Snow
- How did Mrs. Claus get the hot and cold brothers to agree?… She told their mother.
- What year was this movie made?… 1974
If you are a teacher who tutors, register with us for just $12 for a year. This is the only fee! Teachers keep 100% of the money. One of our teachers made $5,000 last year tutoring.
Parents, “teachers are great tutors!” Find one in your area today!