My Town Tutors is a great resource for parents & teachers. Find qualified tutors in your area today!
Guest Blog Page
Top Joke Pages
- 180 School Jokes! Start Your Day with a Smile!
- Spring Jokes for Kids
- School Jokes
- Jokes for Kids
- 365 Family Friendly Jokes
April Jokes / Top 10 April Pages / April Hashtags of the Day
April Lessons & April Guest Blogs
Check out our complete list of 100+ Guest Blogs! & 365 Family Friendly Jokes!
Top Guest Blogs
Writing Advice for College Students
Throughout the school year there are some common and not so common days to celebrate in your classroom with your students. This page is a work in progress.
Our goal is to list and provide resources for special days that teachers can celebrate in the classroom. If you know of any days we are missing, please comment below and we will be sure to add the day. We also welcome guest blogs about days and lessons.
We will list the special days by month. Some days like the 100th day of school will be celebrated on different days depending on the start of the school year. These days are for the year 2013.
We hope you enjoy!
409 Great Jokes for Families and Teachers
Different Dates: 100th Day of School
Last years date may still be listed until we have the time to update. Sorry for any inconveniences.
- March Madness Trivia Questions and Answers
- Dick Vitale Quotes: March Madness Dickie V Quotes
- Jimmy V Quotes: Top 25 Jim Valvano Quotes
Autism Awareness Month
National Poetry Month
April 1: April Fool’s Jokes for Teachers: 337 Jokes for Teachers
April 2 – World Autism Day
- World Autism Awareness Day
- The Importance of Peer Social Relationships for Individuals on the Autism Spectrum
- World Autism Day: Ideas to Show Suppport for #Autism?
- Ten Things Your Student with Autism Wishes You Knew
April 15, 2013: Patriot’s Day – Battle of Lexington and Concord.
April 18, 2013: Poem in Your Pocket Day
April 19, 2013: National Day of Silence
April 22, 2013: Earth Day
April 23, 2013: World Book Night
April 30, 2013: Deadline for Poetry Contest Grades 3 – 12
May 1st, 2013 – May Day
May 4th – May the 4th Be With You
May 5th, 2013 – National Space Day
May 5th – Cinco De Mayo
May 7th: National Teacher Day
May 11th: Mother’s Day:
May 27th: Memorial Day
- NEA Memorial Day Lesson Ideas
- 50 Memorable Memorial Day Quotes
- Concordia University Memorial Day Lessons
June 5th: World Environment Day
June 14th: Flag Day
June 16th: Father’s Day
- Top 5 Father’s Day Movies: Family Edition
- Father’s Day Jokes
- Father’s Day Quotes
- Team Hoyt: A Father & Son Love Story (by Don Yaegar)
June 18th: Nelson Mandela Day
June 21st: Summer Solstice
June 22nd: Great American Backyard Campout
- Top 10 Twitter Accounts for the 4th of July
- Top 35 Patriot Quotes
- 4th of July Songs: Top 20 Songs
- Founding Fathers: 56 Ben Franklin Quotes
- Founding Fathers: 55 George Washington Quotes
- Founding Fathers: 26 Thomas Jefferson Quotes
- School House Rocks: No More Kings, Fireworks, The Shot Heard ‘Round the World, The Preamble
Summer Learning Activities
Kindergarten Summer Math Journal: 35 Great Summer Activities
How to Fit Early Learning Into Summer
Write On! Great Summer Learning Ideas for Moms & Dads
#1 Summer School Movie of All-Time: Dolphin Tale
Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge is Super
YMCA’s Top 5 Family Tips to Battle the Summer Slide
Summer Reading List for Kids of Fun Books with Science and Math Concepts (via @PragmaticMom)
Summer Tutoring: Beneficial or Harmful?
August 24, 2103: Dream Day
August 28th: MLK March on Washington
First Day of School:
- 10 Fabulous Websites with Lessons for the 1st Day of School
- 75 Quick Tips for Motivating Students
- 37 Classroom Tips From a Teacher Turning 37
- Freshmen 1st Day Lesson: Make Your Lives Extraordinary!
High School Homeroom Ideas:
September 4: National Wildlife Day
September 8: Grandparents Day
- Psychology Lesson: Grandparent Appreciation Day
- Grandparents Day: 101 Quotes for Grandparents
- Grandparents Day: A Little Something is a Wonderful Book!
- Grandparents Day Lesson: Grandparent Memories
- Grandparents’ Day Lesson: Memories and a Letter
- National Grandparents Day High School Lessons
- Grandparents Day Lesson Gets Amazing Feedback!
September 11th: 9/11
September 15: International Dot Day
- Let’s All Connect For Dot Day and Make Our Mark On The World!
- Celebrate International Dot Day with Peter H. Reynolds!
September 17: Constitution Day
- Take an INS Citizenship Test
- Which Founder Are You?
- Articles of Confederation Quiz
- Declaration of Independence Quiz
- US Constitution Quiz
- 7 Spectacular Websites for Constitution Day
September 21: World Gratitude Day
- Write a Letter of Appreciation
- Write a Letter to a Grandparent
- Write a Thank You Letter to a Coach
- Write a Thank You Letter to a Teacher
October 5, 2013: World Teacher Day
October 20th – 26th, 2013: National Chemistry Week
October 23, 2013: What is Mole Day?
October 24, 2013: Food Day – Food Day is a Great Resource for Educators
October 29, 2013: Teaching Tolerance: Mix it Up Day
October 31, 2013: 101 Halloween Jokes
- 5 Great Websites for Halloween Lesson Ideas
- Great Halloween Math Lesson: The Count & Vampires
- Charlie Brown Great Pumpkin Trivia Quiz and Answers
- NEA Lessons for grades K – 5, 6 – 8, 9 – 12
- Halloween Quotes
November 11, 2013: Veteran’s Day: Veteran’s Day Quotes
Geography Awareness Week: November 17th – 23rd 2013
- National Geographic: Take Today’s Geo Bee Quiz
- Geography Awareness Week: Take the GeoNet Quiz
- Geography Awareness Week: GeoGames National Geographic
- “I Will NEVER FORGET the 5 Themes of Geography or Mario!”
- Teaching Geography: 5 Themes of Geography Rap
- 40 Geography Jokes
- Geography Quotes
American Education Week: November 18-22, 2013
November 22 (1963): JFK’s Assassination
Thanksgiving November 28, 2013:
- Thanksgiving Jokes for Teachers and Families
- Thanksgiving Spelling List: 2nd Grade Spelling List
- 50 Thanksgiving Day Quotes
November 29, 2013: National Day of Listening by StoryCorps.
December 7th Pearl Harbor
December 25th: Christmas
- Top 15 Christmas Books for Kids
- Test Your Christmas Trivia
- Christmas Trivia: The Answers
- Christmas Trivia: 10 Great Quizzes
- Christmas Jokes
- Caldecott Books are Great Christmas Presents!
January 18, 2014: Winnie the Pooh Day to celebrate the Birthday of author A.A. Milne
January 20, 2013: Martin Luther King Day
January 31, 2014: National History Day
February 2, 2014: Superbowl
- Top 10 Superbowl Ads
- Edutopia: Seven Super Bowl Lesson Plans and Resources for the Classroom
- TeachHub: Top 12 Superbowl Activities for the Classroom
February 4, 2014: World Cancer Day
February 7, 2014: Celebrate Bubble Gum Day! February 7, 2014
February 14, 2014: International Book Giving Day
- Celebrate International Book Giving Day February 14th 2014
- International Book Giving Day Lesson Ideas and Resources
- 104 Great Books to Share
February 14, 2014: Valentine’s Day
February 16 – 22, 2014: Engineers Week
February 18, 2014: Presidents’ Day
- The Inaugural Addresses of the Presidents
- Duck for President is a Great Children’s Book
- Presidents’ Day Activities: Visit Presidential Libraries
- Presidents’ Day Top 10 List: Libraries on Twitter
- President Clinton Reads the Concord Hymn
Black History Month
Martin Luther King Jr. Resources
February 23 – March 1, 2014: National Eating Disorder Awareness Week
February 23 – March 1, 2014: National Eating Disorder Awareness Week
March 2, 2014: Theodor Seuss Geisel’s (Dr. Seuss) Birthday
March 3, 2014: Read Across America Day
- Theodor Seuss Geisel Award Winners: 40 Great Books for Kids
- Dr. Suess Makes Reading Lot’s of Fun
- Top 10 Dr. Seuss Quotes
- Read Across America: Reading Chart
- Read Across America: 14 Great Books for Teachers
- Pledge to Participate in Read Across America
March 3, 2014: National Wildlife Day
- 5 Great Websites for National Wildlife Day
March 4, 2014: National Grammar Day
- 11 Embarrassing Grammar Mistakes via Huffington Post
March 5, 2014: World Read Aloud Day:
March 14, 2013: Pi Day
- Great Pi Day Lessons: Top 25 Pi Day Lesson
- 148 Pi Day Jokes
- Top 15 Pi Day Websites
- Pi Day: Events, Activities, and History
- Pi Day: 22 Great Websites for Math Teachers
- Pi Day Resources for Math Teachers
- 5 Amazing Math Websites to Prepare for the Pi Day Challenge
- The Pi Day Challenge is a Slice of Heaven for Math Teachers!
March 17th: St. Patrick’s Day
March 31: Easter 70 Easter Jokes for Families and Teachers!
Celebrating learning is great any day, but the 100th day of the school year is a great event to embrace. With the internet there are so many great resources to help a teacher plan for this wonderful day.
Here is a great activity from a 1st grade teaching team to celebrate the 1ooth day of the school year.
We also have found some great links for many different grade levels to help teachers plan to make the 100th day of school one to enjoy and remember. Hopefully you find them useful!
Images of 100 Day Celebrations
MathWire: 100 Ways to Represent the Number 100
100th Day of School
We celebrate our 100th day of school on Wednesday, February 6, (unless we have a snow day). We will be celebrating this day with many activities involving concepts if zero, tens and of course 100.
Each child should do one or both of the following:
- Each child should bring in a collection of 100 things. (I will have 100 pennies.)
- Bring in something about 100 years old.
We hope you all have fun with these activities.
It is FREE for parents to search for a teacher in their area. Please help us find ONE MORE teacher who tutors!