My Town Tutors is a website that connects parents with teachers who tutor. If you are a teacher who tutors, for a limited time, you can register for FREE by using promo code: usteachers. Teachers set the hourly and keep 100% of the fees! One of our teachers made $5,000 last year tutoring.
It is FREE for parents to search for a teacher in their area. Please help us find ONE MORE teacher who tutors!
Quotes can be incredibly inspiring and can cause one to reflect about personal philosophies or teaching styles. Over the years we have compiled some great quotes about teaching, learning, and education.
We will be adding to this list, so please check back.
- “The man who can make hard things easy is the educator.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Education is not the answer to the question. Education is the means to the answer to all questions.” William Allin
- “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.” Vernon Law
- “The main part of intellectual education is not the acquisition of facts but learning how to make facts live.” O. Wendell Holmes
- “Anyone can steer the ship when the sea is calm.” Publilius Syrus
- “A teacher is one who makes himself progressively unnecessary.” Thomas Carruthers
- “Education costs money, but then so does ignorance.” Sir Claus Moser
- “Getting things done is not always what is most important. There is value in allowing others to learn.” R.D. Clyde
- “The only person who is educated is the one who has learned how to learn and change.” Carl Rogers
- “The best teacher is the one who suggests rather than dogmatizes, & inspires his listener with the wish to teach himself.” Ed Bulwer-Lytton
- “I may have said the same thing before… But my explanation, I am sure, will always be different.” Oscar Wilde
- “Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.” Jim Rohn
- “Education is that which discloses to the wise and disguises from the foolish their lack of understanding.” Ambrose Bierce
- “A liberally educated person meets new ideas with curiosity and fascination.” James B. Stockdale
- “Education makes people easy to lead, but difficult to drive; easy to govern, but impossible to enslave.” Henry Peter Broughan