Top 3 Joke Pages
Coaches, Could this Clip Help Motivate Your Team Leaders?
The most talented player on a team is such a critical part in the success of a season. If this player is the hardest worker who is respected by teammates, a coach’s job is so much easier.
If the most gifted athlete has an attitude like the player in this clip, it could make for a very long season, regardless of the talent level. Perhaps sharing this video might be one tool you can use to get the most out of all your players.
This clip is shown with a high school unit in a Sports in Society class. Before watching the video, I have the students answer the following questions.
- Who is the hardest working athlete you have played with (youth, high school, select team)?
- Describe the person.
- Explain the work ethic
- Explain the attitude and the impact on the team.
- How do you feel when you notice a talented teammate who has a work ethic that is lacking (the person is LAZY)? What type of impact does this person have on your team and you personally? NO NAMES please!
- What is your greatest source of motivation (as an athlete or a person)? Describe how this source of motivation inspires you to work hard and strive for your goals.
- Evaluate your intrinsic motivation. How self-motivated are you? Do you work hard the majority of the time? Do you give 100% in practice and in games? Do you make sacrifices such as not drinking and doing drugs (or cutting back on use) because you care so much about your sport
Here is the link to the clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GYYle0hTUc (6:03).
Some rough notes on the video are:
“Brock, have you already written Friday night as a loss.”
“I want you to the death crawl and I want you to promise me your best… I want you to do it blindfolded.”
“Forget the 20, you give me your best. Don’t stop. You have to give me more than that. You’re very best! You’re very best! You’re very best! Don’t Quit on me. Keep driving. Don’t quit until you have nothing left! I want everything you’ve got.”
“You keep going. It’s all heart! Give me more! You promised me your best. Give me more. Give me your best. Don’t quit.”
“It’s gotta be the 50. I don’t have any more.”
“Look up Brock. You’re in the end zone!”
“You are the most influential player on this team. If you walk around defeated so will they. Don’t tell me you can’t give me more than what I have been seeing.”
“God has gifted your with the ability of leadership. Don’t waste it.”
Notes: “Give me your best! Are you going to give me your best?”
My Town Tutors is a website that connects parents with teachers who tutor. It is FREE for parents to search for a teacher in their area. Please help us find ONE MORE teacher who tutors!
Parents, “teachers are great tutors!” Find one in your area today!