#1st52: The Massachusetts Edition
My Town Tutors is currently reflecting on who our #1st52 twitter accounts would be if we were to start all over. In making our first choices, we believe it is important that “We Take Care of Our Own!”
The following is a list our our #1st52. It is based on the idea, “If I were to start all over on twitter, with what I know now, who would I follow and why?” This is the Massachusetts Edition, so there certainly is a biased.
Our big excitement is the announcement of who @mytowntutorsNW will follow first. They are the brains behind this revolution on twitter and the hashtag #1st52. They are spending hours and hours researching who should be #1. We can’t wait for the announcement.
Here we go. We hope you like our list and will follow all of them. We fully stand behind our choices 100%. #2 to follow is @BCHigh!
- Be True to Your School. I am a proud alumnus of Boston College High School. You have to be true to your school. (Anytime you can include the Beach Boys in a blog is worth it!
- Jim Cotter. One of the greats in Massachusetts education and coaching. I was fortunate to consider him a teacher, coach and a friend. I have some great memories watching, playing, and finally coaching football at BC High. Coach Cotter influenced so many people. He is the best!
- Great Teachers: There are so many great teachers. Here is the staff directory page. I know I will leave some out, but here are some I was lucky enough to know: Ron Fletcher, Adrian Hernendez, Eugene Holmes, Jack Travers, Norm Walsh, Matt Finnegan, Mary Farrell, Tom Gagne, Steve Healy, John Lynch, John Normant, Susan Smith, Mark Dowling, James Hutchison, Sheil Becker-Galius, Sharon Bilodeau, Christopher Hayes, Paul Logan, John McHugh, Peter Skipper, James Connors, Mark Conroy, Tony Toto, John Walsh, Jan Yutzy, Nick Argento, Ron Brown, Jim Nicoletti, John Flaherty, Bill Kemeza, Charlie Drane
- 1st Teaching Job! You can never forget the 1st opportunity to teach. Still happy after so many years in this great profession.
- A Great Principal. Steve Hughes was a great teacher and coach. I know from being fortunate to experience this first hand. He is also a excellent administrator.
- A great AD. Jon Bartlett is simply the best. Anyone who knows him knows this. I was fortunate to play sports with Jon and later coach with him. Simply the best.
- Educated Jim Doyle of DivStrong. We take care of our own!
- BC High has Great Tutors We list several teachers who tutor: Allison MacDonald, Laura Glassanos, James Hutchison, Tonya Winter
- Dennis Lehane. Dennis gave a great speech that I use as a lesson in one of my classes. It is titled “It’s About Honor.” is a great writer and speaker.
- Men for Others. Since it’s beginning, BC High has focused on creating “Men for Others.” It does an incredible job of taking young boys for all walks of life and backgrounds and turning them into “Men for Others.”
Stay tuned for our #3.
My Town Tutors is a website that connects parents with teachers who tutor. If you are a teacher who tutors, for a limited time, you can register for FREE by using promo code: usteachers. Teachers set the hourly rate and keep 100% of the fees! One of our teachers made $5,000 last year tutoring.
It is FREE for parents to search for a teacher in their area. Please help us find ONE MORE teacher who tutors!