#1st52: The Massachusetts Edition
My Town Tutors is currently reflecting on who our #1st52 twitter accounts. In making our first choices, we believe it is important that “We Take Care of Our Own!”
The following is a list our #1st52. It is based on the idea, “If I were to start all over on twitter, with what I know now, who would I follow and why?” This is the Massachusetts Edition.
The the brains behind the “First 52” idea and the hashtag #1st52 is @mytowntutorsNW, the unofficial worst twitter account in the world. We are anxiously awaiting their first tweet and the announcement of who will follow first. They are spending hours and hours researching who should be #1. We are sure it will be special.
Here we go. We hope you like our list and will follow all of them. We fully stand behind our choices 100%. #3 to follow is @MassTeacher! We have listed 33 reasons we selected this account. It is absolutely, without a doubt, a must follow for any teacher in Massachusetts who uses twitter.
We are not sure how often we can include a video to compliment our picks for the Massachusetts Edition of the first 52 twitter accounts to follow, but so far we are three for three. This one is for the heart and soul of our business….. Teachers!
- Massachusetts Teachers Association Members are the Best Tutors!
- The MTA Summer Conference is AWESOME for New Massachusetts Teachers
- MTA Red Sox Reading Game Project
- MTA Today
- MTA Calendar
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Your Locals / Websites
- Great Benefits Program
- Useful Workshops and Conferences
- Educational Links to Help Teachers
- The Center for Educational Policy and Practice
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Grants and Awards
- Resources and Support for Retired Memebers
- New Teacher Learning Guide for Beginning Teachers
- Update to Date News on Issues in Education
- Future Teachers Program
- Certification Information & Help
- Job Opportunities
- Advice & Tips for Working with DESE
- Retirement Planning
- Social Media
- Activist ToolKit
- Legislative Alerts
- Education Funding News
- Election Information
- Educator Evaluation
- Extended Learning Time
- MTA Priority Bills
- Roll Call
- Massachusetts Early Childhood Education Union
- Higher Edcucation
My Town Tutors is a website that connects parents with teachers who tutor. If you are a teacher who tutors, for a limited time, you can register for FREE by using promo code: usteachers. Teachers set the hourly rate and keep 100% of the fees! One of our teachers made $5,000 last year tutoring.
It is FREE for parents to search for a teacher in their area. Please help us find ONE MORE teacher who tutors!