My Town Tutors is the nation’s 1st National Directory of teachers who tutor. Our goal in 2014 is to expand our network of local teachers who tutor to 1,000 teachers! In 2013 we had over 150,000 visitors to our site from all 50 states.
It is FREE for parents to search for a teacher in their area. Please help us find ONE MORE teacher who tutors!
Dr. Seuss has inspired so many readers both young and old.
Here are a few quotes that we would like to share.
- Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.
- Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.
- Why fit in when you were born to stand out?
- Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.
- So be sure when you step, Step with care and great tact. And remember that life’s A Great Balancing Act.
- Kid, you’ll move mountains! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!”
- The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.
- You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room.
- A person’s a person, no matter how small.
- Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.
- And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!
- Words and pictures are yin and yang. Married, they produce a progeny more interesting than either parent. Be awesome! Be a book nut!
- You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose.
- Look at me! Look at me! Look at me NOW! It is fun to have fun, but you have to know how.
- So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.
- I’m sorry to say so but, sadly it’s true that bang-ups and hang-ups can happen to you.
- If you keep your eyes open enough, oh the stuff you will learn. Oh the most wonderful stuff.
- It’s a troublesome world. All the people who’re in it are troubled with troubles almost every minute. You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you’re lucky you’re not.
- Simple it’s not, I am afraid you will find, for a mind-maker-upper to make up his mind.
- Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!
- They say I’m old-fashioned, and live in the past, but sometimes I think progress progresses too fast!