What makes the great ones great? This is a question that Don Yaeger answers using some incredible people highlighting each characteristic.
Don shares some incredible stories that are truly inspirational. Over the next few weeks, we will be writing some blogs to highlight a few of his great lessons on leadership.
Through his research, Don Yaeger identifies 16 Characteristics of Greatness.
The following is taken directly from the Don Yaeger website.
Over his many years of working with the Great ones, Don has compiled these sixteen characteristics that every winner that exhibits greatness has. Each month, Don also writes a newsletter dealing with these characteristics, and we would love it if you would like to sign up for the monthly newsletter.
How They Think
1. It’s Personal – They hate to lose more than they love to win.
2. Rubbing Elbows– They understand the value of association.
3. Believe – They have faith in a higher power.
4. Contagious Enthusiasm – They are positive thinkers… They are enthusiastic… and that enthusiasm rubs off.
How They Prepare
5. Hope For the Best, But…They prepare for all possibilities before they step on the field.
6. What Off-Season? – They are always working towards the next game… The goal is what’s ahead, and there’s always something ahead.
7. Visualize Victory – They see victory before the game begins.
8. Inner Fire – They use adversity as fuel.
How They Work
9. Ice In Their Veins – They are risk-takers and don’t fear making a mistake.
10. When All Else Fails – They know how – and when – to adjust their game plan.
11. Ultimate Teammate – They will assume whatever role is necessary for the team to win.
12. Not Just About the Benjamins – They don’t play just for the money.
How They Live
13. Do Unto Others – They know character is defined by how they treat those who cannot help them.
14. When No One Is Watching – They are comfortable in the mirror… they live their life with integrity.
15. When Everyone Is Watching – They embrace the idea of being a role model.
16. Records Are Made to Be Broken – They know their legacy isn’t what they did on the field. They are well-rounded.
My Town Tutors is a website that connects parents with teachers who tutor. If you are a teacher who tutors, for a limited time, you can register for using promo code: usteachers. Teachers set the hourly and keep 100% of the fees! One of our teachers made $5,000 last year tutoring.
It is FREE for parents to search for a teacher in their area. Please help us find ONE MORE teacher who tutors!