My Town Tutors, specifically @mytowntutursNW is committing to the idea that less is more on twitter. My Town Tutors values teachers, parents, and great resources for education.
@mytowntutursNW will follow one account per week for the next year. To see our most recent list please visit our 1st 52 Page. We hope parents and teachers find these resources useful.
#2 Twitter Account for Parents
@ptotoday (4,650 followers) – Helping Parent Leaders (PTO, PTA, etc.) Make Schools Great. Tweets by Rose Cafasso. Wrentham. MA · ptotoday.com/newsletter
The education of our youth is our #1 priority. Local PTAs and PTOs do so much to foster support for our students, teachers, and schools. We encourage all parents to be active in their child’s education. Get involved with your local school and contribute as much time and energy as you can.
Below are 10 reasons we selected @ptotoday as our #2 twitter account for parents.
- Great resources for planning and organization.
- Awesome ideas and strategies for fundraising.
- Tips on increasing and maintaining parent involvement.
- Help with events and programs.
- Message boards to communicate with other parents and parent groups.
- File sharing opportunities.
- Ask a question. The ability to ask a question and get a helpful response.
- Blog with information and ideas for schools, parents, and teachers.
- Community page.
- Helpful tools.
My Town Tutors is a great resource for parents. Parents can search for FREE. It is easy to find a local teacher who tutors, all you have to do is enter your zip code to see the teachers in your area. A parent can read through tutor profiles and contact the tutor that seems to be the best fit.