My Town Tutors is a great resource for parents & teachers.
- Youth Basketball Resources
- Youth Basketball Year: Click on this link to find ideas for each month.
- Youth Basketball by Grade
- Basketball Jokes: Why did the basketball player go to jail?… Because he shot the ball! (Basketball Jokes for Kids)
Coaching 1st grade basketball can be a huge challenge. It is important to have the players use smaller balls (youth size), shoot on lower hopes, and play with less the 5 players on a team. It can be hectic, but we highly recommend that each player have a ball to maximize repetitions.
There are so many resources for basketball, however very little for the younger grades. Over the next several weeks and months, we will be posting some drills and ideas that might be useful. We would love your feedback. For additional information, please visit our coaching youth basketball page.
Practice Planning (3)
- 1st grade basketball: 3 Drills to Start Practice
- The FIRST 1st Grade Basketball Practice
- Coaching 1st Grade Basketball: 1 hour Practice Schedule
Dribbling / Ball Drills (2)
- Coaching 1st Grade Basketball: Teaching Lay-ups
- Teaching Lay-ups: Block Shots
- “Mini” Mikan Lay-up Drill
Games / Scrimmages (1)