My Town Tutors is a great resource for parents & teachers.
- Youth Basketball Resources
- Coaching Books: A list of useful coach books with reviews.
- Youth Basketball by Grade
- Youth Basketball Year: Click on this link to find ideas for each month.
- Basketball Jokes: Why did the basketball player go to jail?… Because he shot the ball!
Determining playing time can be a difficult task. There are so many factors that are considered, but the most important factor is talent level.
Rank the team from best player to worst. This does not have to be an exactly correct, just quickly rank the players from top to bottom.
Once the list is complete, group the players in the following 3 – 5 categories:
- Above Average: Players who have more talent than the team.
- Slightly Above Average: Players who have more a little more talent than the majority of the team.
- Average: Players who hold there own, but might be limited in a few ways.
- Slightly Below Average: Players who have more a little less talent than the majority of the team.
- Below Average: Players who would struggle on their own.
Create a substitution rotation based on your ranking system. Be sure to update our rankings throughout the season.