My Town Tutors is a great resource for parents & teachers.
- Youth Basketball Resources
- Coaching Books: A list of useful coach books with reviews.
- Youth Basketball by Grade
- Youth Basketball Year: Click on this link to find ideas for each month.
- Basketball Jokes: Why did the basketball player go to jail?… Because he shot the ball!
As coaches, our job is to
- Know the strengths and weaknesses of players and the team. Practice needs to be based on this analysis. It is often good to evaluate / rank your players at a few different points of the season.
- Put players in a position to succeed. This involves where we place them in a press or press break as well as defensive match-ups.
- Youth Basketball Substitution Rotations: It is important to balance player development with team success. There are many different ideas about playing time.
Some questions to think as we start off January
- Are we happy with the progress we have made since the 1st practice?
- Are the players and team improving consistently?
- What can we do to get the most out of these players and this team?