My Town Tutors is a great resource for parents & teachers.
- Youth Basketball Resources
- Coaching Books: A list of useful coach books with reviews.
- Youth Basketball by Grade
- Youth Basketball Year: Click on this link to find ideas for each month.
- Basketball Jokes: Why did the basketball player go to jail?… Because he shot the ball!
On of the easiest things to teach in youth basketball is dribbling. Simply give a player a basketball (Inflategate) and walk away. A player will dribble the ball on his / her own for a long time. Once a player has a ball, here are some drills to teach young players.
The drills are organized based on level of difficulty starting with the easiest ones first. Before starting the drills, read 10 Reasons to Teach Dribbling 1st to understand why dribbling is the 1st skills that should be taught to youth basketball players. .