Letter of the Week – U u
During the week, please learn to identify this letter, it’s sound, and formation. At home please make a list of words that begin with this letter.
Also identify the high frequency words “here,” “to,” and “up.”
Please enjoy doing these activities with your child at home during this week.
U u Activities
- If you were a unicorn, where would you play?
- How many umbrellas are in your home?
- Reach up to the sky.
- Collect some seashells and put them under water in the bathtub.
- Name an uncle.
- Do you need an umbrella today?
- What would be unusual to eat with ice cream… pickles, mustard?
- Pretend to fly up in the air.
- Look up at the sky. Is it cloudy?
- A rainbow
- Your name
Activity: Play this game. Say, “I am going to say a word, listen carefully to it. Clap your hands if the word you hear starts with the /u/ sound.”
Word List: up, under, down, umbrella, rain, uncle, underground, moon, umpire, pencil, unlock, uphill, me, up.
This lesson was taken directly from the homework assignments of a Massachusetts kindergarten teacher.
My Town Tutors connects parents with teachers who tutor. We currently list over 240 teachers in Massachusetts. It is FREE for parents to search for a teacher in their area.