My Town Tutors is making a huge commitment for the 2014 – 2015 school year to be the #1 tutoring resource for parents and teachers in America. Our motto is “Teachers are great tutors!” Parents love the fact that every teacher in our directory is a teacher!
Dr. Seuss has inspired so many readers both young and old.
Here are a few quotes that we would like to share.
- Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.
- Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.
- Why fit in when you were born to stand out?
- Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.
- So be sure when you step, Step with care and great tact. And remember that life’s A Great Balancing Act.
- Kid, you’ll move mountains! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!”
- The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.
- You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room.
- A person’s a person, no matter how small.
- Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.
- And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!
- Words and pictures are yin and yang. Married, they produce a progeny more interesting than either parent. Be awesome! Be a book nut!
- You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose.
- Look at me! Look at me! Look at me NOW! It is fun to have fun, but you have to know how.
- So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.
- I’m sorry to say so but, sadly it’s true that bang-ups and hang-ups can happen to you.
- It’s a troublesome world. All the people who’re in it are troubled with troubles almost every minute. You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you’re lucky you’re not.
- Simple it’s not, I am afraid you will find, for a mind-maker-upper to make up his mind.
- Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!
- They say I’m old-fashioned, and live in the past, but sometimes I think progress progresses too fast!