- Summer Guest Blogs
- Education Guest Blogs
- Parent Guest Blogs
- Guest Blogs
- Travel Guest Blogs
- Tutoring Guest Blogs
“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” Thomas Edison
When we think of working, we’re mostly concentrated on adults who’ve either finished their graduation or have essential life skills that allow them to pursue their careers but what we often overlook are students as young as 16 who want to start work from an early age in order to boost their careers. In this article, we’re going to talk about 10 such work from home jobs which college students can apply for based on your keen likes and interests that will ultimately help them in gaining financial independence and a great start to their careers.
Top 10 work from home jobs for college students –
Listed below are our top 10 jobs which students can do from the comfort of their homes even amidst the pandemic –
- Social media manager – I don’t need to tell you how important social media is these days. With the world going digital, businesses are more and more concerned with their online identity and how their brand is perceived online. If you have the skills of managing, creating, promoting a business online through strategic planning and well executed then you apply to become a social media manager for brands. If you’re a fresher, with no prior social media experience then we suggest that you build a strong social media presence for yourself, this way recruiters can see the way you work around social media and may hire you to work for them.
- SEO – Search Engine Optimisation or SEO is an online digital marketing tactic that’s used by businesses all around the world. It involves promoting your business organically and inorganically through keywords, or paid media such as PPC or Pay Per Click advertising. For a job as an SEO specialist you can start by applying to digital marketing firms either as an intern or a full time employee based on your skills and past experience. Digital marketing is a field that is growing and will continue to grow exponentially so if you have the right dedication and knack for it, it could be a great career opportunity.
- Resume writing – The first thing a recruiter looks at even before holding an interview is your CV which makes it extremely important. People are always in need of people who can build them a strong CV based on their experiences. Writing a CV may look like a job that’s easy but it can be demanding in terms of creativity. You need to have a strong command over your writing and communication skills in either English or the language you want to apply for. You can look at WriterBay or ResumeEdge for jobs in this area.
- Content writing – There are many forms of writing when it comes to content curation. If you love writing then becoming a content writer may seem to be the right choice for many. As a content writer you can write for blogs, magazines, websites, social media, the possibilities are endless. If you are starting work as a fresher, it’s best to show your recruiters the kind of writing that interests you, you could show them your blog or writings that you’ve done through social media or any unpublished work that you may have. Recruiters will be looking at your style of writing and weather or not it resonates with their brand so the more you show them, the more chances they’re going to have of seeing your work in action.
- Graphic designing – To become a graphic designer, you need to familiarise yourself with softwares such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Inkscape and more. Along With knowing softwares you must also have the creativity to artfully display your message using images and minimal text. If you’re just starting out, it may be a great idea to show recruiters the kind of designs that you’ve worked on in the past so that they know if you could fit well into their company or not. As a graphic designer you can apply to advertising agencies, marketing agencies, digital marketing, social media marketing agencies to secure a job.
- Website designer – If you know coding, JAVA and other softwares required to build a website then you can choose to work as a website designer. These days everyone is going digital be it a small startup or a well established firm so businesses are constantly looking at people who can build them a well formed functioning website which they can use for their business. You can either choose to do freelance work and find work on Fiverr or apply to web designing firms. The salary you receive will depend on your prior experience and work shown to recruiters. If you ever need help with keeping your website up and running, BCA IT in Miami is an IT support service that can be of assistance to you.
- PowerPoint presentator – As college students I’m sure you well know your around presentations and the important role they play in college assignments and such. If you have the skill of making a presentation look clean, decent and artsy, you can work as a PowerPoint presentation where you make presentations for companies which they can then use for their work. You can find work online on websites such as Fiverr or presentationwork.com. What’s interesting is as a college student you are at a distinct advantage. You may even find work through your college students and make their presentations for some money.
- Genealogist – People are often intrigued with knowing where they come from and what their roots are and would often go to great lengths in finding it out. As a college student I’m sure you’re familiar with digging up tough information for your college assignments and projects so finding work as a genealogist may not be difficult. You can find work on recordclick.com or other websites like these and help people gain knowledge about their ancestors and where they come from.
- Online surveys – Businesses, Brands, researchers are always looking for people who will provide them with an insight into how you make your purchase decisions. If you spend time online and like to give your opinion, a paid survey is a great option to use your free time and earn extra cash. Online surveys are easy to do, don’t require a lot of time and pay decent money. To find surveys to fill, you can start fishing for work on many online paid survey sites, fill in your details and start work. The good thing about earning money through online surveys is that it won’t take up too much of your time and can be filled even when you have your exams.
- Video editing – If you are great with editing videos then you can find work as a video editor. To become a video editor you must familiarise yourself with softwares such as iMovie, Premier pro, lightworks and other such softwares. Influencers, youtubers, and businesses are looking for people who can edit videos for them and make it look interesting and enticing for people to watch. You can work as a freelance video editor and find projects to work on. You can even apply to companies that are looking to hire video editors to work for them.
In Conclusion –
Gaining financial independence can do wonders to your self esteem and help you build a strong future ahead. Starting early is a great way of building a foundation for when you actually graduate and want to work at companies as full time employees be it from home or part time.