My Town Tutors is making a huge commitment for the 2014 – 2015 school year to be the #1 tutoring resource for parents and teachers in America. Our motto is “Teachers are great tutors!” Parents love the fact that every teacher in our directory is a teacher!
The main goal of any website, regardless of focus, is to attract visitors that will ultimately support the mission of the company, organization, or cause. My Town Tutors is no different.
We want consistent traffic 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. How can this be accomplished?
1. Be transparent: Our goal is to connect with parents who are looking for quality local teachers who tutor and teachers who are looking to make up to $5,000 a year tutoring! Keeping these two goals in mind, we try to create content that is useful to ALL parents (even those not looking for tutors) and ALL teachers (even those who do not tutor.) Below are some the methods we use to attract specific visitiors.
2. Guest Blogs: We are so proud of our guest blogs and the high-quality authors we attract. The range of topics is incredible. Here are some unique posts that attract a wide range of parents and teachers to www.mytowntutors.com. (Remember that is the #1 goal.)
- The Benefits of Raising Chickens for Your Family by @familyfocusblog
- 5 Lessons from Creating “The Freedom Trail Pop Up Book” by Denise Price (@TheFreedomTrail @denisedprice)
- 21st Century Literacies Initiative: Scaffolds to Literacy by Shelbie Witte (@shelbiewitte)
- What Are You Going To Do This Summer? Learn with a Hobby! by Felicia Ruiz (@houndahobby)
- Autism Awareness: Education is Everything! by Emily Malabey (@ICAAonline)
- Being Organized – It’s Mental! by Fran Lyte (@SEANhelpsmom)
3. Special Days of Learning: There are so many resources for teachers. Here are just a few of the many ideas we share with teachers:
- January 18th: Winnie the Pooh Day: Top 25 A.A. Great Quotes
- February 7th: Bubble Gum Day Celebrate Bubble Gum Day! February 7, 2014
- February 14th: International Dot Day Celebrate International Book Giving Day February 14th 2014
- March 2nd: Read Across America Day: Top 10 Dr. Seuss Quotes
- March 5th: World Read Aloud Day: Ready. Set. Read Aloud! World Read Aloud Day!
- March 14th: Pi Day: Pi Day: 22 Great Websites for Math Teachers
- April 2nd: World Autism Day: World Autism Awareness Day
- April 11th:National Day of Silence: The LA Fund & Facing History and Ourselves Combat Bullying
- April 23rd: World Book Night: World Book Night 2014: Share the Joy of Reading
- May 6th: Nation Teacher Appreciation Day: NEA Thank a Teacher: #ThankATeacher
- September 15th Dot Day: Let’s All Connect For Dot Day and Make Our Mark On The World!
4. Educators of the Week / Connected Educators Series: This is one of our favorite posts to share. We have interview the top educators to learn their secrets. We are so glad to continue to connect with some of the best educator in the world. Click on the links below to learn from the best in education:
5. Family Fun: We use several resources (sometimes guest blogs) to share activities that are fun for the entire family. We update the lists regularly.
6. Education Accounts of the Day: This is simple identify quality twitter accounts for teachers and parents. Our lists are a work in progress:
- US Education Account of the Day
- New York Education Account of the Day
- Massachusetts Education Account of the Day
- Texas Education Account of the Day
7. Top Twitter Accounts: This has been something we hang our hat on for better or for worse, it has been very popular with our followers. We simply identify some of the most useful twitter accounts for parents and teachers:
- Top Elementary Teachers on Twitter
- 160 Perfect Twitter Accounts for Teachers
- Top US Dads on Twitter
- Perfect Moms on Twitter
8. Teacher Resources: This is simply a list of some resources that teachers might find useful.
9. Quotes: If you follow us on twitter, many of these quotes will be shared throughout the year.
- Grandparents Day: 101 Quotes for Grandparents
- 101 Quotes for Teachers
- Mothers Day: 50 Quotes for Moms
- Father’s Day Quotes
- Veteran’s Day Quotes
10. Jokes: We love to share jokes and are glad to have sponsors for our page! We are so grateful!